Chapter 3

1 week has passed since the incident. I haven't told anyone of it, like the runner has told me to. Not only because I was kinda scared. I didn't know what would happen if I had told someone. What would happen to the runners? What would happen to me? All those thoughts got interrupted by a familiar voice calling me.

"Ms. (L/N)! In my office!" Mr. Kruger yelled out of his office. I jolted out of my chair, immediately walking up to his office. In my mind I thought the worst. Did he found out?

In hid office I closed the door behind me and walked up to him. "Take a seat." He said while gesturing to the chairs. I sat down on one and leaned back a bit.

"I think it's obvious why you're here." He said in his usual voice. My heart sank down and my body was slightly shaking. He knows. He knows and he's gonna put me into jail. Stupid enough I played dumb.

"What do you mean? D-did I do something wrong?" I asked in a shaky tone.
"Oh no. You just helped this man getting a lot of special blueprints."
He said while showing me the video that was on his laptop. The room had a security camera? I looked at the proof shockingly before I stood up.

"I-I can explain-" "there's no explaining." he cuts me off, looking ant me with an angry face. "You betrayed me. And you have to face the consequences." He stood up and started walking up to me. "I know that you're good at parkour. I know a lot of things about you. So just admit it. You're one of them."

That's where my brain got confused. One of them? I'm a runner?
"Uhm...no? I'm no runner. I never was."
I said confusingly. This was bad. Once he calls security I'm done for.

"Still lying to me? Then you leave me no other choice. You wilo be fired and taken to jail."
He said disappointed and got back to his desk to get security. But before he could do anything I ran. I ran out of the office and into the room where I encountered the runner. Until I figured out that I have nowhere to go.

"God dammit! What now?" I paced around for a while until I remembered. The ventilation shaft. Guess that's my only option.

I opened it and got in it. If I'm lucky I'll get out of here without any guards chasing me.
After a couple seconds I got to the roof of the building. Got this one settled. The next problem was that I didn't know where to go. I was able to run across a couple of buildings and I jumped over some gaps. But I couldn't get to the other side. I knew I was safe for not if I get there.

I got a bit of time since there was a complex way to get up here. But I didn't wanna lose any of it. But then I saw it. There was a bridge going to the other side. Without hesitation I ran across it and hid behind a nearby wall. I sat down to get a quick break. I sat there for a couple of seconds until something grabbed me from behind. I immediately fought back before the completely got me and shushed me down.

"Be quiet. There's gonna catch us both if you're making a scene like this."
A female voice said in a shushing tone until I completely went silent. She let me go and I turned around to look who also tried to run from the guards. And I couldn't believe who was sitting there.