Chapter 8

A couple of days have passed since I've joined the cabal. It felt kinda surreal to be honest. Almost everyone was nice and welcomed me. Well....almost everyone. There were some people who questioned Noah's decision, since I'm 'one of them'. And it hurts.

The thoughts of them talking behind my back were not pretty at all. But I thought that I would deal with them later. Right now I had to focus on training so I can keep up with the others. And that's were Icarus came in. Confusing enough for everyone he volunteered to help me train. Noah agreed with some hesitation. So now we we're training buddies I guess.

We we're training at our usual spot and he actually was a pretty good teacher. I learned a lot of new ways to vault over objects and I got better with my wallrun. We trained until the sun disappeared and once the moon was to see we went back to the lair. On our way we ran into Faith. She gave me a small smile while she didn't gave Icarus any attention.

"Hey Faith! Everything alright?" I asked her while returning her smile.
"Yeah everything's fine. But Noah wants to talk to you. It's about the fake death thing." She said and I frowned.
"Really? Do I have to do this?" "If you want K-Sec to leave you alone for now, then yes."
Icarus said and looked down at me.
"They're still looking for you. Faking your death is one way to loose them."
With a sigh I slowly walked back to the lair and let out another sigh.
"Alright. Whatever..." I said frowning while they followed me.

Back in the lair we went straight to Noah. Let's see what plan he has for my 'death'.
"We're back! I heard you wanted to talk to me?" I asked with a smile and walked up to him.
"Hey. I guess you know why." He said and sat down.
"Yeah...do you have a plan?" I asked him and sat down beside him.
"I do. But I don't think that you'll like it." He said frowning. "Well...what's your plan?" "You need to jump of a building." He replied.
"You're right. I don't like this idea." I said with a scared look on my face.
"I know but hear me out. I'm not gonna send you crashing into your death. Faith is gonna help you escape. The building you have to jump off is gonna have some pipes to climb down and there you'll run back to the lair. Faith is gonna buy you some time if needed."
He said and I stood up.

Faking my Death will be difficult. Even with Faith buying me some time. But I guess I have no other choice.
"Okay. I'll do it." I said with a frown and he let out a sigh.
"I know you don't like this. But we need to do this." "I know, I know. Just tell me were to go."
I said and walked up to the open window.
"I'll send you the coordinates. Be careful."

"Don't worry. I will." I said and jumped out if the window, sliding back to the entrance. And there she stood. Although Faith looked kinda pissed off she smiled at me and we ran to our destination.

"Don't worry. I'll come back alive Noah."