Chapter 9

We arrived at our destination and sat down somewhere on the ground, safe from any security cameras. I was about to call Noah, saying that we're there but Faith threw a bag at me, hitting my face. I let out a quiet 'ow' before opening the bag. There was an outfit inside, but it was mainly red.

"Why did you bring this?" I asked her, clearly confused

"Go change. They won't lose you that easily if you wear this." She answered.
I just shrugged and took the bag as I stood up, wanting to walk away so I could go change. But she grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me back.
I stumbled a bit because I wasn't expecting that and she looked at me with a worried look on her face.

"He told me to not let you go anywhere on your own. Just go change here."
At first I just thought she was following orders. But something told me that this wasn't the only reason why she wanted me by her side.

After I quickly changed I finally called Noah. While talking with him me and Faith quickly grabbed our stuff and revealed ourselves in front of the security camera. The camera made a beping sound which later became a long beep and I heard K-Sec talking over the BeatLink.

'This is gonna be interesting…' I thought and started running. Faith followed after some seconds, but later choose a different route so nobody would see her.
I passed a couple of buildings and when I was trying to talk to Noah I got interrupted by K-Sec bursting through a door, ready to shoot.

Before they could do anything Faith came to help, dristractng them for a bit. I was so focused on running though that I didn't had the time to look to check if it worked. I just ran… and ran... and ran. I ran until I passed a building. Noah immediately told me to stop and that's what I did. It seems like building was under construction because of all the materials that were laying around. And there was a huge catwalk.

My feet stared to ache and my legs felt like jelly because of the running. While I was catching my breath I heard Faith who looked just as exhausted like me, even though she does this extreme parkour for years.
"They're gonna be here soon. Just stay here until Noah tells you to go. I'll handle the rest." She said and took off running again.

Before I could recover completely K-Sec already caught up to me and I impatiently waited for Noah to give me the signal. Finally he gave me the go and I sprinted to the construction.
"Faith is gonna make the catwalk fall apart. You need to be quick or you'll get buried and crushed by the weight." Noah said while I tried my best to not let them catch me.

"Are you crazy!? They're probably going to look if I'm really dead!!" "They didn't check when it fell apart right under my feet." I heard Faith say.
"Don't worry about this. Worry about your situation right now and get to the pipes!" Noah said and broke the contact. This is gonna be tough. Not only because I feel like I'm gonna trip and fall anytime soon. But because I was scared that I wouldn't make it. But I can't focus on that now. If it works, then hurray! If not...well, sucks to be me then I guess.

I got into the construction and I heard the catwalk fall apart over me. Please don't die while getting back down Faith! And as I feared, I wouldn't bw able to make it. She did it too soon! Or I was to slow…

I sprinted as fast as I could and made a final dive, hoping it would help me. And it did! If was risky, and I got a scratch on my arm from the metal. But I did it! I clinged onto one of the pipes and landed on one of the lower rooms, waiting for K-Sec to confirm me dead and call it a day.

My adrenaline was through the roof by now and I just sat on the floor and layed back on the cold ground, hoping the coldness woud help me a bit.

A couple minutes later I heard someone sliding down from the pipes and landing in the same room I was in. I sat up, looking for who interrupted my cooldown session. It was Faith, alive and without any injuries. I gave her a weak smile and she smiled back at me, sitting right next to me.

"What do you say we rest in a nearby safe house?" She asked, wiping away her sweat and removing some wet hair strands from her face.
"That sounds so damn good…"
I said exhausted. Letting myself fall back onto the ground. She stopped me tough and pulled me a bit closer to her, signaling I can lean onto her. I didn't protest and layed my head on her shoulder, but quickly jerked back because a sharp pain shot in my arm.

"What in the…" I said tired, looking at my arm. The scratch was not so small than I thought. It was pretty big but it didn't looked like it was pretty deep. It just burned like hell!

"Don't worry. I can patch you up at the safe house." Faith said, pulling me closer to her again. I layed my head back on her shoulder and we waited for K-Sec to go away. They also encountered Faith, which is why they took so long to retreat. They we're probably looking for her.

After some minutes, that felt like hours, they finally decided to retreat.
"Alright. They're gone." She said and let go of me. We both stood up and made our way to the nearest safe house. I was relieved to see a couch and I immediately walked up to it andet myself sank into the soft fabric. While I relaxed a bit I saw Faith grabbing some stuff in the corner of my eye. It was a small bucket of water with a small towel.

"Dude, what are you gonna do?" I asked
"What do you think?" She responded and put the towel in the water.
"I'm just cleaning up your blood stained arm." She said and put the wet towel on my arm. I hissed because of the pain but it was gone pretty quick. She patched me up and got rid of the dirty water before sitting right next to me.

Noah contacted us, asking all sort of things. Faith explained everything to him while I tried my best to not fall asleep. I was so tired I couldn't really keep my eyes open anymore. She noticed it and made me lean on her again, telling me to get some rest. I couldn't really say no because my body literally said I needed to rest so I just shut my eyes and immediately fell asleep on her.