Chapter 4

There she was. The best runner in town.
"You're Fa-" Again I got cut off by her putting her hand above my mouth.
"I said be quiet. They're gonna retreat any time now..." She whispered while looking around the corner.

After some minutes the guards retreated and her hand left my face.
"Damn K-Secs. They attacked me for no reason." She said while sitting down.
"O-oh. Sorry for that." I said sadly.
"Why are you sorry?" "They came after me. I guess they saw you and thought you're with me..." I said while leaning back on the wall.

I almost got sent to jail and then she comes up and saves my ass. While I was thinking she only looked at me confused.
"I was with you?" "Yeah...they think I'm secretly a runner. Only because I love parkour so much..." I looker away from her so she doesn't had to see my sad face. I just lost everything. My job. My life. Everything. After a silent minute she spoke up.

"So... You've probably got nowhere to go."
"Not anymore..." That's when she stood up and dragged me with her.
"Then why not leave your old life behind? If they think you're a runner then you might as well become one, right?"
"W-What?! Oh nonono! I can't do this!"
I exclaimed. Me?! A runner?! I couldn't keep up with them, even if I wanted to. I knew she had a good heart. But this was a bit too much.

"Alright then." She said and let go my arm. "Then don't. Try to survive with those guys searching for you. You'll manage."
She said and slowly walked away.
Even though I didn't know if it was the right choice. She did have a point. Kruger is probably searching everywhere. And with them I could survive a bit longer. So I ran up to her.

"Alright I'll come with you!! You do have a point with the surviving stuff..." I said and looked away with an embarrassing expression.
"Then it's decided. Well, it's not official but let's ask Noah about this." She walked away from me, making me follow her.

"Name's Faith. And you?" She said without looking back.
"...(Y/N)."