Chapter 5

The way to her hideout was long and exhausting. We had to do a lot of jumps, wallruns and all that to get there. After some time we stopped and she looked at me.

"You're slow. Get rid of this." She said and pointed at the jacket.
"What? But where do I leave it." I asked. "Throw  it off the building." She answered and I let out a sigh before taking it off. It's true that it slows me down because I can't really move in it. But is throwing it to the streets a good idea?

After a couple of seconds thinking I stripped out of the jacket and stood there with a black tanktop and the rest of the uniform. And I tossed it off the building, hoping it's lands somewhere where no one finds it.

"Come on. It's not far anymore."
She said and took off running again, me following her pretty quickly. After a couple of minutes we arrived at the entrance. We paused so I could chill for a moment. I guess she heard how winded I sounded.

"I guess you don't train that often?" She joked around while I was done catching my breath.
"Not really. My last training was last week..."
I said, clearly exhausted from all the running.
"So. You think they'll let me in? I am one of them after all." I said while frowning
"You were. But after I saw how you were running away from them I think he'll understand."
She said and walked inside with me. She really thought they'll let me in this easily. But I knew that it wouldn't be so easy as she hoped.

After entering I got the first stares. I didn't had my jacket anymore. But I still wore the rest of the uniform. So they knew what I was. A couple started to whisper to one another, but loud enough for us to hear. I couldn't see Faith's expression, but from how I felt how she grabbed my wrist, I knew she was pissed.

We got to the hideout and I finally was able to sit down. My legs gave up as soon I took a seat and I let out an relieved sigh. She looked at me and before she entered the room she sat down next to me.

"Don't listen to them. Some of them are just idiots. Once you've proven yourself they're not gonna give you that look anymore."
I just let out a little laugh and looked at her.
"It's okay. I'm used to this. But thanks anyway."
I said smiling. But she just gave me a slight confused and rather annoyed look before she muttered "whatever. I'll be back soon." and got up to see the leader of this place.

What was this face? She didn't looked relieved after my statement. She looked annoyed. But why? I told her it's okay. Guess I made her more pissed than she already was. After some minutes I heard arguing on the other side.

"You can't be serious!! She's one of them!!"
A male voice yelled. Probably the leader.
"I am serious! She's perfect for our operation! She only needs some training and she's good to go!" I heard Faith yelling. Damn. She really wants me to join them.
"You really want me to let someone like her in?! She could betray us!!" She won't!! They wanted her dead!! Why would she-"

"ENOUGH!!!" Was the last thing I heard before everything went silent. My curiosity got the best of me and I stood up to look what happened. Guess I was a bit too loud because everyone turned to see who was coming.

"That's her?" A tall man said and looked at Faith.
"...yes. That's her. Look she was about to get sent to the greylands if I hadn't been there!"
She said before the man shushed her and walked up to me to get a better look at me. At the corner I saw the guy who I gave the blueprints.
"It's you! You're the one I gave the blueprints!!"
I said and the guy gave me a confused look before recalling.

"Wait! Noah! It's her! That's the girl that helped me!!" The guy yelled before the other man, who's apperently called Noah, could say something to me.
"So what? She's still one of them." Noah said with a stern expression and and angry voice.
"Those blueprints are only half of the location. Maybe she knows where to go so we don't need the other half!" He said and Noah's stern expression turned into a surprised one. He let me go and turned to the guy before turning to Faith.

"Take care of her. If she makes one mistake I'll kick her out." He said before turning to the guy and then back to her.
"Get her something to wear. I'll discuss this with Icarus"
"Wait does this mean she's in?" The guy named Icarus asked.
"For now. If she knows enough I'll consider it." He said and looked at me.
"Now go. Faith will explain everything to you."

I wanted to say something but Faith just pushed me out of the room.
"I'll take care of it." She said and went out of the room and closed the door.
"Guess you're on probation now." She said with a worried look.
"Come on. I'll give you some spare clothing." She said and pulled me with her.

This is gonna be a long day.