Chapter 1 : first day

"Alexiaaa ....20 minutes left for you're bus to come " announced my mom from downstairs .

" Yeah ! I'm done " I replied back though the ironical part is that I wasn't anywhere near done .

On the contrary , I had to fix my electrocuted hair , didn't do my shoes and I had to pack my geometry box which I had forgot to pack in my bag yesterday night .

In ten minutes , I had tied my hair into a pony tail , tied my sneakers and got my geometry box in my bag and was running downstairs with my bag on shoulder and my iPod and headphones in my hand .

I'm not really a morning person . I'd rather sleep in my bed till noon and then give a thought about whether I should brush my teeth or sleep a little more .

"Alexia , eat something ...you look awfully pale " my mom said .

She always believed that everyone in the world was fit except for her skinny daughter .

I was very bulky in 7th grade but by 8th grade , I had magically managed to lose the weight and now that I'm thin my mother is trying to fatten me up .

" Mom , I'm not hungry ...can I just have a doughnut or something " I whined like a 5 yr old .

" No doughnuts in the morning , it's unhealthy "

"So ? ...It's not like it's gonna become healthy at any other time Of the day " I replied .

" Eat . Pancakes . Now " my mom said through gritted teeth .

"Yes mom "
*********

After the breakfast session , my bus came and I hopped on and in half an hour I reached school .

It was my first day of my year 11 and unfortunately my bus reached 5 minutes after the first period started .

Since we would get our daily schedule from our class teachers , we had to check which class we were in .

So in all good hopes I entered 11A , the first class among the three divisions of year 11 .

As soon as I stepped a foot in class all the boys whined loudly " Noooooo.." because the boys of my grade hated me since I'm a tomboy who fought with them rather than the girlie girl they expected me to be .

I wonder why they haven't got used to me in all these 8 years ?

"I'm just checking " I said reassuringly to the boys hoping that 11A was not class and so I proceeded towards the teachers table to find a new teacher smiling at me .

" What's your name , dear ? "

" Alexia Singh "

"Hmm...Ah ! Here it is .
Roll no 6 , you may go and find a seat "

" Thank you , ma'am " I said as I walked to the corner most seat next to the window with my head down as I understood the boys reaction .

Even the girls weren't on my side since I didn't join their gossip groups .

my girlfriends were in the other classes in groups while I sat like a lonely soul .

I loved my school even though it had given me a handful of painful memories .

Daffodil Montclair International school or in short form DMIS was the school I had been studying since the time my parents had moved to LA from UAE.

Our school is in negotiation with Cbse so we mostly have Indian curriculum to deal with , which is not a problem since I'm an Indian myself .

After the intro , I got to know my class teacher also our English teacher whose name was Sarah Mathew .

Everyone got involved in their talks while I sat and stared out of the window onto the grassy meadows of our school lawn .

So I started scribbling down some poetry in my rough book.
I love writing poetry , it helps me express my feelings and come up with solutions

Don't be sad , I told my self
All you need is a good friends help
At the end when you leave
I truly believe
That you will have tears in your eyes
As you say your goodbyes
Then your tears shall meet
Wishing that these memories could once again repeat

First day of grade 11 and I was sitting Alone ....Great !!!

___________________________

Hey everyone ,
First and foremost I want to thank KripsChips for the Amazing story cover ...she is an epic friend and I cud not have done this story without her wise words ....thank u so much ....

First chapter , what do you think ?
It's a short chapter And also pls note that since this story is fictional , the places and institutions are fictional .

Don't forget to vote and comment !!!!