Chapter 13 : We Won !

Today was the day !!! The youth celebrations 2015 was today and our skit was the first event of the day.

I woke up quite energized and rather fresh . After I got ready , I was jumping my way to the kitchen island and started chugging on my breakfast . "you really are excited , aren't you ?" my dad asked me as he ate his breakfast .

But before I could reply , my mom voiced her thoughts "Not excited as you are " she said with a scowl on her face. "why would I be excited ?" my dad voiced my thoughts.

"To meet your little slut " my mom answered .

My dad just scoffed and said "yeah sure " sarcasm dripping in his tone .

But mom and me knew that everyday my dad did meet her and had sexual involvement with each other in ways you don't want to know . I know about these because my mom had a little voice recorder placed in the car and we heard noises that made me wanna puke cause to be honest , hearing your father engage in any sexual involvement is just straight up creepy ( even if its with your own mom as well ).

I hated such mornings because then my whole day would be filled with worry and my stomach always started to churn and twist in ways , that always affected my heart .

So I slowly had my food , collected my props and waited for the bus to come . After waiting for 5 minutes in the living room , I finally heard the honks of my bus and ran out after being wished by mom.

We had no classes which was a huge relief because I so don't want to run around the teachers looking like a middle aged mother. I was wearing a really loose button up T-shirt that belonged to me when I was once fat , paired with dark blue leggings and black flats while my hair was tied in a bun left with a strand hanging infront of my eyes

In my hand there was a wrapped baby doll . Like I said , it was minor role so I wont be on stage for more than a minute or two . I reached school on time and went to our green room which was basically one of the classrooms . We had a senior named Melody who was helping us out with our play probably because she was with us for the past two years . But due to or school's lame rule which states that seniors cannot participate in any of the youth celebration events , Melody could only help us with our props , makeup and script .

She did a lovely job with everyone's makeup catching all the minor details required . She wished us all the best and proceeded to the audience . Since we were the first event , it wasnt as crowded as it would be at the end of the day but nevertheless there were around 65-75 people in the multi-purpose auditorium .

We were backstage double checking the final details when I saw Aaron , Varun and two other boys setting the props for the first scene. That's when my stage fright doubled even more . Aaron's gonna watch me act !!!!

Its not like he hasnt seen me do any thing. He has seen me speak speeches in class for public speaking ,do on the spot presentations in my second langauge class which was hindi and has seen me laugh like a hyena in class for my own lame jokes but for all of it , he was always supportive and encouraging (except for the laughter attacks where he'd just give me a hilarious stare ) .

I shouldnt be worried but I just couldnt help it . He has never seen me act .

Suddenly he came back stage , wished Adam and the others and  then turned to me .

He smirked at the baby in my hand and said "It has your eyes"

At that moment , it seemed like all the fears I've ever had were tossed in the see . I broke into smile .

"that's why its pretty " I replied . He nodded and said "All the best , Rose"

"thank you " I replied with a huge smile on my face.

Then the Principal spoke opening the youth celebrations 2015 . The only good thing about this was that only students were allowed to attend the event not parents.

Our play started and I was the first character on stage with the baby in my hand .

The play went great . We went back to our green rooms to change to our normal clothes .

All the other girls were squealing with delight as the play was finally over while I gave Adam a hand shake saying that he did a great job as a leader and he just smiled and said thank you . Our team was named Raptors while Sonia's team was named Achievers and the other two teams were named Galaxy and Power

I wasnt just excited for me but I was even more excited for Sonia who was in another group and their play was great too. After her play , she changed and we both sat in the second row just behind Aaron , Varun and Sam (one of his friends) .

After all the plays were finished , the judges passed papers to each other and finally a teacher came on stage to annonce the results while Sonia and me had been gripping each other's hand due to excitement .

Then the teacher announced" Alright ...so all the plays were performed with wonderfulness. I'm not gonna keep you all pumped up in anxiousness . The third place goes to Power (many claps) , the second place goes to Galaxy(many more claps) " Sonia and me turned to each other understanding the fact that now its just one of us "Its ok ...you're happiness is my prize " I told her before she cold say the same. "took the words right out of my mouth " she said with a smile .

Then the teacher said "The first place goes to Achievers and Raptors ...its a tie"

Oh my God ! Oh my God ! Oh my God !

We both hugged each other so tight and started screaming in happiness that all eyes were on us but we didnt care because me and my best friend got first place and we couldn't be more happier.

After we calmed down , I noticed our play group had huddled to the back of the auditorium where there wasnt any chairs but just an open space so I ran to them and hugged Sara while she kept screaming "we bagged first place"

We'd only get our prizes after the two month summer vacation but who cares. We Won !!!

Then Sonia and me sat where we were sitting before that's when Aaron and Varun wished us congratulations to which we thanked them .

Then there were many programs and when the celebrations came to the last event which was dance ; Sonia and me were literally screaming and clapping for the girls while Aaron and Varun had  covered their ears while having a funny smile on their face because we were cheering saying "woohoo" during the whole time with rest of the student body in the auditorium.

At the end of the program , our principal thanked everyone for participating and congratulated the winners .

It was the last time we could participate for the youth celebrations so obviously there was an after-party to which I won't go to . Duh.

I went straight home and told my mom how we won and Aaron's tease comment and that's when my mom spoke "can you smell something ?"

I sniffed the air like a dog and replied "No, what are you smelling ?"

And she replied with one word that got me smiling like a donkey

"Infatuation"

___________________________

A/N : I know ...very small chapter
My apologies

Anyways ...what do u think ?

And thank u so much for being patient :)

Vote and comment !!!