Marlboro 🔥

Chapter Six
Sunday April 21st
11:35pm

His question starteled you a little , you looked at his hand and back at him gulping. "Yeah um sure" you nodded as he smiled at you and let go of your hand "and leave the Jack here i might need a refill" you nodded once again and put the Jack back on the counter. He took a lighter out his pocket and tilted his head to the left of him.

It was a empty stool beside him. You took in a deep breath and let it out as you went to his side and sat beside him crossing your legs and your arms leaning them on the counter. You heard him flick the lighter and cover his mouth lighting the cigarette. He took his hand away and shook the lighter to put out some flames that may be present.

He took a hit of it and blew out the smoke sighing and tapped some ash off of the cigarette into the tray. The silence felt heavy and very awkward until you spoke. "What happened?" you asked turning your head to face him.

Armin sighed and exhaled the smoke at the same time "many things" he answered "many things that i'd rather not ruin your precious head with" he added turning to face you and leaned his temple on the hand he held the cigarette in. Nodding you hummed as a response.

There it was again, awkward silence.

You noticed there were two roses that were tattooed behind his ear. The roses were complimented with some leaves around them. You never noticed it until now. 'It's pretty' you thought 'might have a story behind it or something'

For the past week you felt a sudden connection to Armin. He'd often tease you at times and would often sneak in a pick up line or two and then. But tonight he acted differently than the whole week and this morning. 'Maybe he needs some closure... fuck i'm so shit at this' you thought. You mentally screamed 'agh! just ask him if he needs it!'

You both started talking at the same, stopping you looked at each other and let out a small giggle. "You go first , ladies first anyway right?" you let out a small laugh and nodded "you seem upset" you started , fading your smile after you seen his fade. "Is everything okay? did someone hurt you" "an ex of mine got engaged" he sighed and took a hit of his cigarette.

"Oh i'm sorry to hear" "dont be" he cut you off inhaling his cigarette "she was a shit manipulatative fuck anyway" he added as the smoke exited his mouth. "Was she that bad?" you asked curiously. He didn't say anything but looked at the liquor shelf in front of him and nodded "yup". You watched as he took the glass of the Jack with the hand he held his cigarette in and sipped it.

Sighing you placed your hand on his shoulder rubbing it softly. You felt him stiffen "I-i'm so sorry i didn't-" you took your hand off but he quickly slapped his free hand softly on top of yours and looked at you. Gulping you kept your hand on his shoulder and felt him softly caress it.

"It's fine" he whispered sweetly "I need someone's closure anyway don't you think?". Not knowing what to say you nodded a 'mhm'.

You spent the last half hour talking with each other. You found out that his parents got killed when he was younger. He told you that they had left him at his grandfather's before they got murdered and ever since then he wanted to prevent stuff like that from happening and became a bounty hunter. You shared a few tears while sharing each other's stories. You told him about your ex fiancé which later you started slandering at.

It was nice to have someone to talk to you didn't know that you needed this kind of closure.

Giggling with him you got off the seat "i have to go lock the door so i don't forget" you said pointing your thumb to the door. He nodded softly finishing his second drink. Making your way to the entrance of the cafe you locked it and flipped the sign to 'closed'.