Chapter 871

Eva's POV: After getting the pictures of Matteo from my aunt, I heard her ask me a question. "Are those pictures adorable enough for you?" Grabbing my phone to look at them, I smiled because they were adorable. "God, my dad wasn't kidding when he said he's getting cuter by the day." My aunt smiled when she said that and then nodded. "He's looking at bit more like his dad now. It wasn't that way a while back." I nodded when she said that and smiled.

Matt then added on. "Not that it would've mattered. Everybody would've known he was my son just based on some facts that don't need to be shared." My aunt then looked up at him and nodded before grabbing his hand. "So, I know he is young but...do you guys see yourself having any more kids? I don't want this guy to be lonely in the world." My aunt then sighed and looked at me. "It's complicated Eva and we would rather not talk about it."

I could tell something was bothering them when I saw my uncle Matt kiss her forehead. You could tell she was in pain about something so, I dropped it. "So, I know you guys are first responders. What's it been like not doing your job in a way? Feel guilty at all?" My uncle sighed. "It's for the best. We need to keep Matteo safe. Anyways, it's already in our family. I don't want it infiltrating our family even more if you know what I mean."

My aunt then added on. "Anyways, how's your mom feeling? Have you talked to her much?" I sighed and shook my head. "My dad told me not to text her. He's been the one giving me all the information. He says that he will only tell me what I need to know. Doesn't want to scare me or something." My aunt nodded and agreed. "That's a good thing Eva. Trust me, you don't need to be worrying about this." I sighed and shook my head. "You really think this helps!"

I then got mad but I couldn't help it, I was freaking out. "Me not getting information on my mom and brothers' fight against COVID is making me think the worst. Are they dead? Back in a coma? This not knowing is driving me crazy. I am even considering calling the hospital myself just to find out. I don't care if I'm not an adult...I have every right to know whether I still have a mom and brother!" My aunt sighed and nodded before grabbing her phone. That's when I heard my dad.

"What's with the yelling Eva?" I sighed and looked at him. "I need you to be honest with me dad. How are mom and Diego doing when it comes to their battles against COVID! I don't care if I'm only your daughter. This is my family we're talking about!" My dad sighed and looked at me. "You really want to know Eva?" I nodded and sighed. "Dad, it's better than what I'm currently going through. I am literally thinking the worst every night. Asking questions like 'are they dead' or 'are they getting better'? Dad, I am scared! I'm not used to this. This isn't normal."

I took a deep breath before continuing. "I feel like I do when you're at work. Dad, I get you are intelligence but you still get shot at sometimes! Knowing at the end of the day that you are alive is what gets me through. This not knowing though is driving me crazy and I am giving you one chance to tell me yourself. If not, I am calling the hospital!" I started to tear up and my dad nodded. My aunt then spoke up. "Eva, you talk to your dad okay sweetie? It'll be okay."

I nodded and then hung up with her before looking at my dad. Moving to sit in front of me, my dad sighed. "Sorry I've been keeping you in the dark. I just didn't want you worrying all the time." I nodded and understood. "But, not knowing just makes me worry more. Dad, you're supposed to be on my side. You're the only one I trust right now to give me the honest truth. How can I trust you when you're hiding whether my mom and brother are still alive or not?"

Antonio's POV: When Eva told me all this, I understood. I also felt bad that I've been keeping her in the dark. She's right...she should know whether her mom and brother are still alive. "Eva, I'm sorry about this. I'm just preoccupied with other things. I mean, you have to remember that I am just as scared. My two kids and ex-wife all have COVID. I guess, I am just trying to go day by day. However, we do need to talk more because you are probably thinking the same stuff as me."

Eva then nodded and sighed. "Sorry I yelled." I then looked at her and shook my head. "Eva, don't apologize for that. You deserve to know this. I am just protecting you because this is scary and I don't want you to have bad dreams. If I tell you this, you have to promise that you will talk to me if you get scared." Eva nodded and agreed. "Dad, we're in this together. Me, you, Sylvie, mom and Diego. I don't care if you are divorced...she is still in this with us."

I nodded and agreed. Even though we are divorced, I need to support Laura through her fight with COVID by keeping things together. I then sighed. "I'm just trying to keep things together. But, he's what's happening. Your mom is okay but is in isolation just like you." Eva nodded and agreed. "What about Diego?" I sighed and looked at her. "He's in the ICU at the hospital. They are observing him and he's recovering. However, they are both alive."

Eva nodded and smiled before going to hug me but stopped because she couldn't. I looked at her and sighed. "I'm sorry I can't hug you Eva but I need to keep Sylvie and the babies safe. I promise, once you are over this....you are going to get a big hug form me. And I don't care if you are a teenager." Eva chuckled and smiled. "You know I'm proud of you right?" Eva nodded and smiled. "You're being so brave and honestly...you are what keeps me going. You're going to defeat this just like your brother and mom. We all will." Eva nodded and smiled. "I love you."

I smiled when she said that. "I love you too sweetie. Now listen, you get some rest and recover okay? No more yelling." Eva nodded before laying back in bed. Looking at her one last time before getting up, I smiled as I walked out of her room to go back to Sylvie.