Chapter 877

Later on that morning - Matt's POV: As I woke up for the second time this morning, I decided to check the time before getting out of bed. I smiled when it was 8:30 because it was now a reasonable time to get up. At least, that was according to Matteo. He was still on my chest in his little baby carrier and boy was I glad to have him there. I may even ask Gabby to let me do this again. Him being there all night made me sleep so much better because I had everything important to me within reach. My wife and our son. Nothing could be more perfect right now.

However, I decided that I should let Gabby stay asleep since she was asleep. Moving the covers out of my way, I smiled as I slipped out of bed and then closed the covers. I tried not to wake Gabby up but I was unsuccessful. "Matt, lay back down and let me see him. He's staying on your chest. It's cute." I nodded and smiled before going to sit down in bed with her. Smiling as I looked down at her. I decided to lean over her and kissed her softly. "You still tired after having to wake up in the middle of the night? Because I can give you more time to sleep?"

Gabby shook her head and then grabbed my hand. "Matt, I'm fine. What I do need though is to see the little guy think you can take that off and just let him lay down on your chest so we can interact too? Not as easy when he's attached to your chest." I nodded and smiled before sitting up. "Can you undo the buckles for me? I might use it later when we go for a walk. We'll probably be safe if we are together with him against my chest." Gabby agreed and smiled. "Definitely. That actually sounds like a great idea. We need fresh air sometimes." 

I smiled when she said that before grabbing her hand. Looking down at Matteo, I moved to kiss his head. "How does that sound buddy? We can go spend some time outside and you can get some fresh hair while mommy and daddy get some exercise?" Matteo just looked at me as he cuddled up to me. "He looks really comfortable in the baby carrier."  Gabby smiled and nodded as she rubbed my arm and then intertwined our fingers. "We both are when we're against your chest." I chuckled and smiled when she said that before kissing her head.

That's when I heard my phone ring. I sighed while looking at Gabby and then looked at the Caller ID. It was Jay and Erin. "It's Jay and Erin's home phone." Gabby was shocked when I said that. "Who uses a home phone anymore anyways?" I shrugged and then went to answer. "Hi guys, what's up?" That's when I heard Jay. "Sorry if it's early, hope I didn't wake you up?" I shook my head and smiled. "No, our little guy here did that for you."

He laughed and smiled. "So listen, I was just doing some cleaning here and I found the wall hanger for a fire extinguisher we own. Checking the tags, I saw it was due to be re-certified. Do you by any chance do that Matt? I am not really comfortable going to the firehouse and I know you're probably the safest bet when it comes to doing it safely." I nodded and smiled. "Yeah, firefighters are able to do it. I've decided to keep my license to do that."

Jay chuckled. "Do you mind then coming over to do it? Oh and maybe check the smoke alarms? You have those keys you can use." I nodded and agreed. "Sure, now I will wear a mask." Jay understood. "Hey, I get it...Erin's pregnant and you have a kid." I chuckled and smiled. "Maybe I can stay and talk. I mean, if that's okay with you Gabby?" Gabby smiled at me. "Go ahead Matt. I would like some time alone. Haven't had that in a while." I nodded and agreed.

Jay smiled. "Thanks guys. Just send me a text when you're on your way. Oh and bring a mask, you are going to need to wear one here." I nodded and smiled. "Trust me, I will Jay. Talk later okay?" Jay agreed and then hung up. I then turned my head and looked at Gabby smiling. "Looks like I have a chore to do this morning." Gabby nodded and smiled before going to kiss her softly. "Want breakfast?" Gabby smiled as I got up. "Can you make me breakfast in bed? We already showered last night so no need to shower again." I nodded and agreed.

Once I was up, I looked at Matteo who was still on my chest. "Here, can you take him?" I held him with my hand against his back since the baby carrier was no longer tired. Reaching up to grab him, Gabby smiled as she looked at me. "Breakfast first, then you get dressed." I nodded and agreed, smiling as I leaned over to kiss her softly. "I'll be back. Not really hungry. Toast good?" Gabby nodded and smiled. "No need to shower, you took one last night."

I agreed and smiled when she said that. "I'll at least put deodorant and cologne on." She nodded and smiled. "Can you go make him a bottle and bring it back to me? Then you can go start breakfast." I nodded and agreed before walking out to the kitchen to make Matteo a bottle.