t h r e e

"geto, i got the herbs ready, you can sit down now." kosume announced to her black haired comrade.

a gentle smile crossed geto's lips and he said, "i'm coming."

he sat down on kosume's chair in her apartment and she gathered geto's long locks into a bun while saying, "we should get a haircut together sometime. your hair's really grown a lot."

"i'll think about it." geto said as he looked outside the window. he squinted his eyes from the bright sun light and said, "you always have a bad habit of keeping the windows open."

"you know that it doesn't effect me geto" kosume said as she started massaging his stiff shoulders.

"you still can't see colors eh." geto commented. a small smile crossed kosume's lips as she quietly muttered out, "yeah, but it's all right. i'm used to it."

geto hummed in response and said, "do you think anything is playing a role in that? you still have trouble sleeping, right."

she hummed a yes and said, "but there isn't any scientific reason about sleep effecting the way you see colors. you should know that the best."

he listened to every word she said diligently, enjoying the soothing ring in her voice.

"my sleep schedule has been improving. your herbal tea helps a lot." geto hummed again. he absolutely enjoyed how gentle kosume massaged his back.

"that's nice to hear." she said as she started adding a bit more pressure onto her fingers.

geto soon felt relief in his shoulders and said, "jogo told you about fighting gojo didn't he."

the white haired curse nodded with a hum and geto continued, "and you know that he'll die if he does."

"i asked hanami to look after him." kosume simply replied.

"she too is no match against gojo." geto calmly stated.

"she knows what to do. unlike jogo, she knows who to fight and who not to. she's got better control over her emotions." kosume reassured, defending her favorite hanami.

"you should have respect for them. at least a bit more. you know that curses are the origin of human emotions." 

geto simply ignored that statement and kosume continued massaging his shoulders in silence, before starting to massage his neck.

"what's your sleeping position?" kosume asked.

"i sleep on my back." geto simply replied.

"that's a good position. do you sleep in your kimono?" kosume pried even further.

"does that really interest you?" geto asked calmly.

kosume shook her head and said, "i need to know all of that in order to relax your neck muscles. you're abnormally stiff today."

"is that so?" geto said as he stretched his neck side to side.

she lightly slapped his head and said, "don't do that. it isn't good for you."

he nodded and put his head straight up and looked out the window.

"do you like birds?" kosume asked when she noticed a swarm of small grey bird flying in circles.

"not necessarily." geto replied, only to earn a disinterested hum from his comrade.

a yawn escaped kosume's lips which was really unusual. she's never really been tired to the point where she yawned, at least not in the daytime.

"take off the top of your kimono." kosume ordered, trying to avert geto's attention from her yawn.

he simply nodded before getting up and slipping the upper part of his kimono down.

kosume grabbed the small bowl of crushed herbs she made beforehand and started applying it on his back after she moved the chair out of the way.

"that's kind of cold." geto said.

"cold will help you with your pain." she replied instantly as she kept applying the herbal mix.

"you'll be going on a solo mission after mahito." geto randomly brought up.

"hmm? what's the mission about." kosume asked as she started evening out the herbal mix.

"mahito will probably fight sukuna's vessel and possibly another man named nanami kento. he's currently busy finding a puppet for himself."

"and what do i do?" kosume asked as she ran her slender fingers through geto's back.

"mahito is our pawn. he's going to test out how strong the enemy is for you to see."

"can't you deal with them though?" kosume asked. she wasn't confident in her skills. taking out both sukuna's vessel and another sorcerer.

"your jujustu is most suited for this. itadori yuuji is a naive child, you won't even have to use your jujutsu on him. nanami kento on the other hand is heartless. he'll be hard to deal with and knows when something isn't right."

now she was really worried. she has been on missions before but they were usually with mahito or hanami by her side. of course she's been on solo missions before as well, but the mention of sukuna frightened her.

"can't you do it? you're way stronger than i am. all i can do is control them like a puppet. i'm weak compared to you and mahito." kosume protested.

"there are some people that can't see my face, and you're overly underestimating your abilities." geto reassured.

at the end kosume agreed.

"don't worry, you'll have half a month to prepare. i believe you won't let me down."

"i will do my best. what's my objective for this mission?" kosume finally asked.

"eliminate nanami kento and get sukuna to join us. hanami will be collecting sukuna's fingers along the way and delivering them to you."

kosume nodded and said, "i'll try my best."