e i g h t

"i'll pay for it.." nanami stepped in at the counter. he chose one of the cheaper futons he found in the store and eventually decided to pay for it himself.

"it's fine. i'll pay for it myself." kosume protested, but the sorcerer already handed his credit card to the lady behind the counter.

a pitiful yawn escaped kosume's lips as she held onto the sweets she bought. nanami still held the other box of kosume's velvet cake in his hand.

"don't you need to get clothes to change into?" kosume asked as she pointed towards the pajama aisle.

kento simply shook his head and said, "i'll get it some other time." but the curse beside him thought otherwise.

she placed the boxes down on the counter and headed towards the pajama aisle and picked out a silver-ish ash blue robe and said, "this would look good on you."

she headed back to where nanami was and said, "i'll pay for this."

the lady smiled before taking the robe and removing the tag on it and putting it inside a bag and placing in a pair of matching slippers.

kosume pulled out her own credit card from her pouch and handed it to the lady.

"i never asked for this." he said as he grabbed the bag with his new futon.

"think of it as a thank you gift for not killing me while i was asleep." kosume whispered with a cheerful smile.

nanami had no idea how he ended up in a situation like this. he'd never imagined himself hanging around with a curse.

"here you go young lady." the nice old lady behind the counter said as she handed the bag with nanami's new robe in it.

kosume thanked the lady and stacked the two boxes of sweets on top of each other before balancing them on her hand and heading out with nanami.

"will you be comfortable in this futon? you chose on of the cheaper ones didn't you." kosume observed.

"what makes you think i can't own cheap things?" nanami said as he followed kosume to her apartment.

"i mean.. everything on you right now looks so luxurious. your watch your suit, your tie, your shoes. just the way you look is rich." kosume commented.

nanami ignored everything she said and kept following in silence.

"you're kind of like hanami, but at least she replies whenever i talk to her." kosume playfully pointed out.

the two weren't really making a deep connection. kosume was the one talking and annoying the sorcerer, and nanami was the one ignoring most of what she said.

"aren't you supposed to be more intrigued by the color thing you're experiencing?" nanami questioned.

kosume looked down with a soft smile and said, "i'm actually having a mental meltdown while looking at everything. i just thought that you'd get annoyed if i fangirled out loud."

"i would be." coldly stated.

"but i actually never knew the world was so colorful. everything has its own color and it's so pretty. i want to buy some stuff now." kosume said with a big smile.

nanami didn't say anything. so kosume took this as an opportunity to ask him, "what do you think of the world?"

nanami thought about it but decided not to share his answer. "i don't care about it." but kosume thought otherwise.

"you're feeling anxious and annoyed right now. is that because of me or is that your view on the world?" nanami had forgotten about her ability to feel others' emotions so he just lied again, "isn't the answer obvious?"

a nervous escaped kosume's lips and she said, "we're almost there," when she saw the familiar buildings on the sides.

"i just want to point out that my apartment room is small again. it's like a combination of a condo and an apartment. there's a bathroom and kitchen and 1 bedroom... so um..."

"i'll sleep in the kitchen." nanami said as he looked down at his watch.

"really?!" kosume exclaimed, to which nanami simply jerked away. he was still confused to why he agreed to stay at her place. he could've locked himself away at the comfort of his own house.

he knew that it'd be safer for him to stay with kosume, but at the end of the day, all of this could just be part of her plan. she still has to eminate him and he knew that.

"so why aren't you resisting my request. you know that i'm not forcing you to come with me." asked for the second or third time.

"that has nothing to do with you." nanami harshly said.

"itadori is a great guy. i'd love to see him again some time."

"i have a duty to prioritize his life over my own, so you won't be meeting him anytime soon."

nanami's phone started ringing again and he picked it up with his almost fully occupied hand and pressed the accept button before saying, "kento nanami on the ph-" but he was cut off with the same voice from the first time someone called.

"nanamin~~ you still have to watch over itadori like you promised~ where are you~" the other side sang.

suddenly kosume realized that the one on the phone was satoru gojo, the famous #1 sorcerer. she didn't realize he could act this way.

all she knew about him was that he was the strongest man alive and that she was no match against him. but never did she expect him to be like... this...

"i'm currently busy. tell itadori to get someone els-" and before he could finish, some other voice interupted him.

"nanami sensei!" itadori's voice rang from the phone. "are you alright?! did you take her down?!" itadori asked, super anxious and worried for his sensei.

"i did. don't act like a rascal and-" and again he was interupted but this time by gojo.

"awwww~~ nanamin you didn't get hurt did you~~ the curse sounds like a strong one. don't tell me her beauty charmed you~" gojo teased. to which nanami let out an annoyed sigh.

"i'll be taking my leave now. don't go out looking for me." and with that he hung up.

"those two sound like fun." kosume commented as nanami put his phone back into his pocket.

nanami made a face of disgust as he continued walking, until kosume stopped and turned to a medium sized building.

"we're here." kosume cheered as she looked up. "i never knew the building was pink~" kosume cheered in awe.

internally she felt greatful that geto chose this exact apartment for her. soft colors were her favorite, especially pink.