t w e n t y - t h r e e

kosume opened her eyes and saw a white void. in the distance stood hanami, jogo and dagon.

"we still have mahito and kosume." hanami said.

"guys?!" kosume called out as she started running their direction. the three turned to her and she caught up to them and said, "i'm so sorry!"

the three looked at her confused.

"why are you here..?" jogo asked. kosume gave them the brightest smile and said, "i came to see you guys. we're going together. no matter where we go."

"how touching." sukuna said.

kosume turned to him and gave him a small genuine smile.

"sukuna, please protect itadori. is he alive?" kosume asked.

"like hell he is. i keep having to take care of that brat. too bad i wasn't the one to end your pathetic life." sukuna snorted.

kosume smiled before saying, "you should probably go back now. you shouldn't be hanging with the dead." with a gentle chuckle.

"i just came by to tell jogo that i haven't enjoyed myself in over a thousand years. be proud, you're strong." sukuna told jogo.

jogo couldn't believe his ears, the king of curses himself praised him. tears started to streaming down his eye and he said, "what is this?" to which sukuna snorted and said, "don't ask me." before disappearing.

kosume walked over to jogo and pulled him into a long hug. she gently kissed the top of his head and said, "you're strong."

jogo hugged kosume back and the other joined in.

"i love you guys. thank you all for making my life so much more enjoyable." and the four had their silence in each other's arms before kosume broke it and wiped her tears.

she remembered nanami and how she really wanted to meet him.

"i have to go find nanami." kosume said with a smile. the three nodded in agreement and hanami said, "we'll see each other when we're reborn. we'll be humans."

kosume smiled at hanami's words and said, "we will," before running off into the distance.

she didn't look back or hesitate. all she could do was keep running and running until she found nanami.

soon she felt nanami's soul so she ran to it as fast as she could and after a minute or two, she saw nanami standing still, staring up.

she panted and caught her breath after a few seconds and started slowly approaching him.

she loved him. even though they knew nothing about each other, kosume just loved him. it wasn't a crush, it wasn't what people called 'young love'. it was true love coming from kosume. from the bottom of her heart.

nanami turned back when he heard her foot steps. his eyes grew wide when he saw kosume's white hair and slender figure approach him.

she smiled at him and said, "we meet again." she was so happy that she got the chance to see his face. the face of the man she fell for almost instantly.

nanami looked down and said, "did mahito get you too?" he was quite disappointed that kosume actually died too.

he rose his head when he heard kosume chuckle and pull him into a hug, "i asked itadori to excorcise me. the ones dearest to me all died."

nanami slowly wrapped his arms around kosume's back and said, "did you meet hanami?"

kosume dug her head into nanami's neck and said, "i did. i also met dagon, jogo and sukuna. but don't worry, itadori's alive, sukuna just visited us."

nanami nodded and said, "i met a old friend. we had a short conversation, but i'm satisfied."

kosume smiled and said, "i'm glad," then broke the hug and looked nanami in the eyes and said, "when we're reborn as something new, whether it's a plant or human, please can we meet each other again. i love you and always will. i'll live over and over again until we fall in love with each other and get married. i'm probably crazy, but you make me happy nanami kento."

nanami didn't give an answer. he still didn't reciprocate her feelings but he did make a promise.

"if- no when we meet again in our next lives, make sure to find me and then we'll see what life has planned for us."

"it's a promise then, nanami kento. thank you..."