You've Gotta Clean Up Your Looks

I am Kay, I have been in this dump since I was 5 and I'm now 14 so 9 years! But today my life was going to change! I was being adopted!
I am so excited to get out of this dump but I'm also upset I'll be leaving my best friend Kaileigh behind, but I'll ask my new family if she can still see me!
I haven't met my new family yet so it's a total surprise! I hope they like My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Imagine Dragons and Panic! And don't get too annoyed with my obsession!
It was 10am and my new family will be picking me up in 30 minuets! I was all packed up ready to go when the horrible care worker came over;
"TAKE YOUR DAMN HEADPHONES OFF AND CLEAN UP YOUR LOOKS!" I looked at Kaileigh and we both sang "with all the lies in the books!" We laughed and the care worker stomped off.
I went up to my old room and said my final good byes to it when I heard a car pull up in the drive, they were early!
I put my headphones around my neck and wiped the lingering dust off my 'Black Parade' shirt and picked up my backpack and said goodbye to Kaileigh, I hated everyone else in this house, I hugged Kaileigh and our eyes started watering,
"I'll ask if you can come over as soon as possible!" I said saying my final good bye and as I walked out of the door my bags were already in the car, it was a big black car and it looked very posh and expensive.
I got in the car not looking at my new family because there was a blacked out window between the front seats and the back seats, however I could still hear my new what I supposed was my father talking to the care workers.
As the car started up I let the window down and Kaileigh was standing just outside the front door and I shouted out of the window;
"Text me!" I shouted.
"Okay!" Kaileigh shouted back and as the car started moving we both shouted back to eachother;
"KILLJOY SISTERS FOR LIFE!" And we went out of the drive of the grubby old dump!