Wicked

"Y/n, you have a separate room with Teresa." A man said as we reached the boys room.

"Why?" I asked. "If it's because they're boys, then don't worry. I've had to live with them for several years. I'll be fine." I walked past him into the room, with my friends following.

Everyone chose a bunk, some of us argued in the process. I picked the one above Thomas.

"I could get used to this." Winston rolled his shoulders back in comfort.

"Yeah, it's not bad." Newt smiled and I stood between him and Thomas.

"What'd you think those guys want with Teresa?" Thomas asked as the door was locked.

"Now, if there's one thing I know about that girl, she can take care of herself. Don't worry about it." Newt climbed up to his bed.

"Goldie's right. She'll be fine." I patted Thomas' back.

-

The image of Gally's dead body replayed in my head as I attempted to go to sleep. Every time my eyes closed I would just see him. I finally gave up trying and just laid on my back staring up at the ceiling. Then there was a quiet thumping from below the bunk bed. I slowly climbed down the ladder just to see Thomas looking around as well.

"Psst! Hey." A voice said. "Down here."

Thomas hung his head over the edge of his bed while I bent down. There was an open vent with a boy leaning through. Once he saw our faces a finger pressed to his lips, telling us to be quiet.

"What the shuck?" I mumbled under my breath.

"Shh. Come on. Follow me."

"What?" Thomas cocked his head.

"Just follow him, T." I shoved him into the vent and we began to crawl through behind the boy.

We reached a bigger vent room. It was just the right size for us to stretch out slightly. The boy was at the edge of a vent hole. Thomas and I joined him and looked down. All that could be seen was the tiled floor.

"Watch."

"I don't see anyt-" I was cut off when a woman walked into view.

Behind her was bed with a person on. Dead or alive, I couldn't tell. There was a sheet covering them. She opened a door with her keycard and the bed was pushed in. Then another bed followed.

"What the hell are they doing with them?" I asked.

"I don't know. They bring in some every night. This is as far as I've gotten. The vents don't even go into that section. But once they go through that door, they don't come back out. I don't think anybody ever really leaves this place." The boy explained. "Come on. We've gotta go before somebody notices we're gone."

"Why're you showing us this?" Thomas questioned.

"Because maybe the others will listen to you. There's something weird going on here and I know you think so too." He began to crawl away.

"Hey, wait. What's your name?" Thomas said.

"Aris." And with that he was gone.