A New Mission

I needed to tell Gally first, before anyone else.

"Gall?" I walked into our room that was way too messy, but did I care? no.

"Mhm." He mumbled.

He was still sleeping.

"Why are you still in bed?" I laughed, staring at his covered form.

He threw the covers off him and went to get up but collapsed back on the bed. He must've gotten up at some point while I was gone because he had put on his boxers.

"I'm tired." Gally groaned, rubbing his face.

"Well," I took his hands, "I have something to tell you. It's important."

"Is it about what Vince told you?" He asked, grabbing my waist and pulling me into his chest so he was looking down at me.

"Yeah. Now," I pulled away, "get changed."

"You sound like a mum." He chuckled, taking some clothes, "Where is my t-shirt?"

"How am I supposed to know?"

I stopped when his eyes lowered to my chest. I was wearing his shirt, of course.

"Oh, sorry. It was early when I got changed, I didn't realise. You have a few more though, so I'm keeping this one."

He smirked while pulling on another top, "So, you gonna tell me then?"

"You don't have any bottoms on."

He rolled his eyes before jumping into some joggers.

"There. Now, tell me." He walked over and grabbed my waist again.

"It's Newt."

His grip loosened and sympathy filled his eyes.

"Y/n-"

"No. Gall, no. I mean, he's alive. Vince has pictures."

"Y/n. Don't start this-"

"Start what? We didn't completely destroy Wicked. Ava's alive."

Gally sighed, letting go of my waist, "Yes, we did and she's not-."

"Gally, please, just believe me. Even speak to Vince."

"Was he the one who's put these images in your head? About bringing the dead back to life?" He scoffed, his nostrils beginning to flare.

He shoved past me and stormed out of the hut. I followed close behind him, staying quiet because I didn't want to interrupt his anger episode.

"Why would you tell her that?" Gally shouted at Vince as soon as he got close enough to be heard.

Vince's eyes moved from Gally to me and he inhaled a sharp breath, knowing what he was talking about.

"I told her because it's true." Vince came closer.

"True? How is Newt being alive true? He was dead. Y/n and Thomas watched him die."

"And yet they are the ones who know, and believe, that he is, very much, alive." Vince snarled.

"You're putting these ideas in her head that her best friend and mother have magically arose from the dead! When that's literally impossible."

"Gally," Vince grabbed a tablet from a near by table and after clicking it a few times he held it up.

I stepped closer. It was Newt's picture.

"I told you." I whispered to Gally.

"There is zero proof that that picture is recent." Gally mumbled