Independent

My eyes shot open to find myself in the same room as last time, blood sneered all over me and the wall where the guard had earlier fallen but his body was no longer there.

The wounds all over my body were still bleeding horrifically but there was a sheet on the floor to catch it all.

I'm surprised I haven't died from blood loss.

"Finally, you're awake." Ava stepped in, pulling an IV stand with her.

"You never give up, do you?" I growled lowly.

"I have no reason to. You and your friends make it easy to succeed."

"We're teenagers. We shouldn't be the ones to get you to stop but we're the only smart ones apparently."

"Give me your wrist." She demanded.

Is she dumb?

"My wrists are tied down." I snapped, holding back a laugh.

She licked her lips nervously before pulling some scissors out of her pocket.

"You carry those around all the time?" I raised an eyebrow.

"None of your business."

"We doing that now? Kay, that's fine."

She cut the ties on my wrist but swiftly held it down with her own hand, ensuring I wouldn't do anything while she placed the scissors back in her pocket.

She flipped my wrist over and roughly shoved a tube into it. I feel it as she pushes it over, digging into my vein.

I bit down on my tongue, not wanting to satisfy her with my yelps of pain.

She fiddles around with something a bit more before blood starts to flow up the tube into a bag on the IV stand.

"I hate you." I sighed, feeling my blood slowly leave my body.

"As you've said."

"I don't think you get it though. I hate you. I hate my own Mum, who is currently stealing my blood while I'm tired down to a chair. Do you not get how fucked up that is? You're supposed to be my role model."

My eyes didn't leave skinny frame her as she trudged back over to the door.

"I'm sorry, y/n." She whispered before leaving, a guard walking in to take her place.

A slow tear ran down my face as I watched my thick red blood run smoothly up the tube into the bag.

She was getting what she wanted and there was nothing I could do about it.

GALLY'S POV

I rammed my fist into the wall hard, for the tenth time.

It had been two weeks since Ava took y/n and I was going crazy. No one seemed to be doing anything to help her, no one seemed to care.

"What the hell are you doing?" Minho walked in, rubbing his eyes, "Gally, it's 3 in the morning."

"I don't care."

His eyes scanned to the hole in the wall and some of the plaster that had crumbled onto the floor.

"It's about her, isn't it?"

"Obviously." I snapped, running a hand over my face.

"We're trying, dude. We really are."

"If you were trying then she would be by my side right now, not with Ava Paige!" I marched towards him and he stepped back.

"Gally, calm down." He held his hands out in front of him, "We will find her, I promise."

"We better do." I growled, roughly shoving him past him.

"GUYS!" Newt yelled, hobbling over on his crutches.

"What do you want now?" I whirled round to him while Minho stood beside me.

"What is it, Newtie?" Minho tilted his head.

"It's y/n."

I peaked up at the mention of her name and I was suddenly extremely interested in the conversation.

"What about her? Have you found her?" I rushed, tapping my fingers against my leg eagerly.

"We found her." He nodded, turning round, clearly expecting us to follow.

I jumped to his side, my eyes not leaving his face.

"Where is she?"

"Be patient. Just wait till we're in there." He pointed towards the main tent.

"Y'all were having a meeting at three. Do you ever sleep?" Minho groaned, attempting to hide his yawn.

"Shut up, Minho." I snapped while pushing the fabric to the side to enter the tent.

Around a large, makeshift table in the middle of the room were Vince, Jorge, Fry and Thomas.

"Where is she?" I asked, not allowing them to say anything before me.

"A warehouse that Ava's converted into her new workplace. We had a single drone left and it spotted it." Vince informed me, pointing at the map on the table.

"How far?"

"Not far. Would take a day on foot."

"Then let's go."

"Gally-"

I held my hand up, "No. Let's go."

"It's literally 3 am." Minho said, "Shouldn't we wait until the proper morning."

"If we go now, then we should be there by the middle of the day." I leaned on the table, "So, let's go."

"He's right. We should go now." Thomas nodded, "I'll go get the others."

"Not Brenda." Newt spoke up.

We all looked at him, our eyebrows furrowed.

"They aren't on the best terms right now." He shrugged.

"We need all the help we can get, Newt." Thomas told him.

"Ugh, fine. But don't blame me when y/n finds out you invited Brenda along to save her."

"I'm sure she won't care." Vince grumbled.

"Then, you don't know y/n properly." Newt rolled his eyes, "She holds a grudge for a long time, no matter the situation."

"Okay, let's get moving." I clapped my hands, sending everyone off in different directions to get ready.

I was finally getting her back.

____________________________
ive FINALLYY updated 😩🤘

it's only a short chapter, but i've nearly finished the next one so it should be out soon.

<3
ily

(follow maggieewritez and msg.vfx on tiktok 😏)