The Walls

It's been months, nearly a year, since Minho was taken by Wicked. We had managed to get Aris and Sonya out while they were being transported but still no Minho. We had found our way too The Last City where Wicked was supposedly stationed. A tall stone wall stood between us and the city with no easy way through.

Thomas, Newt, Fry, Jorge, Brenda and I scurried our way through large crowds of people as were attempted to get a good look at the wall. It seemed like a lot of other people wanted to get through to the luxury of no cranks.

"This place has really gone through hell." Jorge said as he appeared beside Thomas and I.

"We just got to stay together." Thomas nodded.

A loud voice shouted through a speaker and we all stopped to look. Two cars were driving down the street with several people sat on top of them. All but one of them had masks on.

"We are the voice of the voiceless! They hide behind their walls, thinking they can kept the cure for themselves, while they watch this rest of us wither and rot!"

The first car came right in front of us and my eyes immediately locked onto one of the people on it. They seemed familiar. As they drove past their eyes stayed stuck to me and I tilted my head trying to think of who it might be. Their hand squeezed tighter around the gun they were holding as they drove off.

"Let's bring back a victory!"

Droves flew over our head and I grabbed Thomas' arm causing him to look up as well. We quickly went back to moving and ended up on a bridge that led to the entrance of the The Last City. Hundreds of people rioted and shouted, holding up boards and chanting.

"That's our way in." Thomas smirked as we made our way through to the front of the crowd with me in front.

"This is not what you're looking for. All these people trying to find their way in, you think you're gonna find something they can't?" Jorge shouted.

"Came this far. Not turning back now." Thomas replied.

We made it to the barriers stopping people from crossing and getting to close to the doors.

"T, this doesn't feel right." I stepped back and bumped into his chest when the ground shook slightly.

I looked behind me for Newt and ran to his side. A worried look was also plastered on his face.

"You good?" I asked.

"Something bad is about to happen." He mumbled.

There were man either side of us and behind, watching us like hawks. I nudged Newt making him look and we quickened our speed to the others.

"Hey, guys, we gotta go now!" Newt grabbed Thomas' shoulder. "Look." He pointed to the people with masks on.

A loud whirring sound was heard and the crowd fell silent. Big machine guns were getting ready to shoot. Thomas and I both tilted our heads until Fry snapped me out of my trance.

"We gotta go!" He grabbed my arm.

"T, come on!"

As I shouted that bombs went off and bullets fired down metres from us. We all flinched before breaking off into a sprint and running away.

"Fry! RUN QUICKER!" I screamed.

"I WAS A CHEF NOT A RUNNER, Y/N!" He spluttered.

We ran into an opening and men immediately began to grab us and shove us into vans. I fell between Brenda and Thomas while the people sat opposite us with their guns ready. The van quickly started moving.

"Well, I definitely wasn't expecting to get kidnapped today." I rolled my shoulders back uncomfortably while chuckling.

"I see you three aren't really talkers then." I said to the men. Still no response. "Right, okay. Jeez."

The van came to a halt and the door was immediately opened. We climbed out as the other van pulled up. There was a loud thumping noise coming from it and it was shaking back and forth. Someone was getting beaten up. A masked person flew out the doors followed by a very angry Jorge.

"Where is she?" He snarled. "Where's Brenda?!"

"Jorge! HEY! Jorge!" I ran forward along with everyone else but I was pulled back and shoved to a wall.

"Get your grubby hands off me." I spat and they did as I said.

"I'm right here. I'm right here!" Brenda shouted.

"Oh, Brenda." Jorge dropped the man and hugged Brenda.

"Alright, everyone relax. We're all on the same side here!" One of the masked people said

That muffled voice. My brain was trying its hardest to figure out where I remembered it from.

"What do you mean same side? Who the hell are you?" Thomas asked.

Silence.

The person moved their mask off and when they turned to us my breath hitched.

"Hey Greenie."

I was standing in front of the boy I had watched die months before, the boy I had loved. I tried to study his face to make sure it was real but before I got a good chance a fist hit it and his back slammed to the floor. I couldn't hear anything. I was just focusing on him, it was actually Gally.

I felt someone pull me into a hug and I immediately knew it to be Frypan. Newt calmed down Thomas and everyone stood up again but I kept my head in Fry's chest, not wanting to look.

"Kinda had that coming." Gally said, "Anyone else? Fry? Newt?"

I turned around and our eyes immediately locked.

"Hey, y/n..."

I nodded but kept silent and emotionless. I was still comprehending everything.

"Do you know this guy?" Jorge asked Fry.

"He was an old friend." Frypan answered.

"How-" I started but my breath hitched again.

"How is this possible?" Newt finished my sentence. "We watched you die."

"No, you left me to die."

"I didn't want to leave. They made me." I growled under my breath.

He bit his lip sadly, "And if we hadn't found you when we did, you'd be dead right now. What the hell are you doing here?"

"Min Min." I stated.

"Wicked has him here." Fry told him.

"We're looking for a way in." Newt added.

Gally hesitated, "I can help with that. Follow me."

"I'm not going anywhere with you." Thomas spat.

"Suit yourself. But I can get you through those walls." He shrugged.

———————-——————————————

AHH GUYS HES BACK 😫