10. Dark Secrets and Bright Nights

"No, no, everything is going according to plan. No one has suspected anything. Are you really doubting me?", he hisses, keeping his voice low. Anyone can hear him if he's not careful. And he can't risk that. Years of planning, plotting and waiting patiently has led him here. Finally.

"Shut the fuck up. Don't forget I'm still the one controlling all of this. You work for me, Taeyong. Don't try to get ahead of yourself", he warns. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I was just worried about you. We've been doing this for years so I don't understand why you'd let yourself be help captive", Taeyong says from the other side of the phone.

"I'm not held captive, keep that in mind. And as you said, we've been doing this for years. This is the perfect chance for us to execute our main plan. I'm pretty sure Jeon is with Namjoon right now. The Young Guns probably think they have a chance. And that's exactly what I want", he smirks, making sure he's clarified all of Taeyong's doubts.

"Okay, yeah. I trust you, Blue. Besides, it all started from you. I'm sorry for doubting you. We'll accomplish this mission successfully as long as you're leading us. The Serpentines' and The Young Guns must be over the moon right now. Both thinking they have the upper hand", Taeyong lets out a sarcastic, smug laugh.

The smile he lets loose is sinister, murderous. "See, it's going according to plan. Now we just need Jeon to gain Namjoon's trust or whatever stupid plan he has in mind. He's probably just trying to contaminate Namjoon's brain before killing him. Which dumb fuck even does that to his targets? Don't answer that. He's probably just ruthless like that", he scoffs.

"Alright, he can't be more ruthless than you. Let's admit it, Mr. Blue", Taeyong laughs. "Gaining his trust in order to reach The Serpentines? Sounds way too similar. He's an idiot if he thinks this is going to be easy for him or his stupid gang. Besides, didn't you—"

"That's enough. Walls have ears, Taeyong. We can't talk about this over the phone. That's why I've always asked you to be vague with your wordings. You know that, too, right?", he asks. Taeyong is quick to answer. "Of course. Anyway, just let me know whatever you've found. I'll ask my men to work on the data you've managed to acquire. We need as much information as possible".

"I'll do that, yeah. Hanbin can validate all the data to make sure it's legitimate. These people cannot be trusted. I might talk them down but know that we should never underestimate our enemies. We've lesser means than them so we gotta be extra careful with each of our proceedings. One wrong move and bam! Years of hardwork down the drain. Just like that", he reminds him, eyes and ears sharp for any suspicious movement.

"Got it. Take care and be safe".

"Oh and remember to give Bullet a reward when this is all over. He's been fooling Jeongyeon and her pride for years now. Gotta give him some credit".

"Aye aye, Captain!"

💓

"Jungkook, are you feeling better?", Namjoon's voice is soft with sleep. Jungkook knows he's tired but he's grateful that he hasn't moved out of the hug just yet. More than anything, he needs the warmth of another body right now.

Or maybe the warmth of Namjoon's body, specifically. He's going insane.

"You can go sleep, Namjoon. I'm sorry for keeping you up", he says apologetically. He is sorry. And not just for keeping Namjoon awake. He's sorry about the fact that he's using Namjoon to reach The Serpentines. He's sorry that he's eventually going to break Namjoon's heart and then his trust.

"No, no, it's perfectly fine. I'm not going to lie to you. I am a little sleepy right now but that's really nothing. You need someone right now, Jungkookie. I'm happy to be that someone for you", Namjoon pulls back only to give Jungkook a reassuring smile, arms never leaving his body.

Jungkook bites his lip. Namjoon's face is glowing under the faint brightness from the moon and the stars. He looks so beautiful, so pure. Jungkook's knees almost give out at the thought of having him in his arms. If circumstances were different, Jungkook would've surely fallen for him. He doesn't doubt it one bit.

"You should go to sleep. I don't want to bother you. Please go to sleep, hyung", Jungkook says softly. Namjoon shudders. This is the first time Jungkook has called him 'hyung' and he can't fathom why it has such a big, distinct effect on him. He's not sure he dislikes the feeling that's suddenly pulsing in his stomach.

"How about this? You come and join me? Let's sleep together, Jungkook-ah", Namjoon suggests, voice barely above a whisper. Jungkook's breath hitches, eyes widening just a little. "Hyung, what...", he starts only to trail off the exact moment Namjoon realizes how his words sound like.

"Oh my god, not like that. I meant, we should sleep on my bed. Together. Like, literally. I'm not a pervert, I swear. I just—", Namjoon's rambling is cut off by Jungkook's sweet laugh. He takes a moment to just look at the younger man in front of him.

He looks so innocent like this. As if no bad thing could ever cross his mind. Namjoon vaguely wonders how true that is. Jungkook's nose is scrunched up, eyes squeezed shut with happiness as he laughs loudly, buck teeth visible, making him look like a bunny. Namjoon can't help the smile that takes over his own lips. Jungkook's joy is just that contagious.

"You're so cute, Namjoon", Jungkook says, laughs coming out in little huffs, eventually dying down. "I'll take up on your offer, yes", he then says, winking. Namjoon blushes but unwraps his arms from the younger's body to hold his hand and lead him to his own bedroom.

When they're finally settled under the covers, Namjoon makes sure to keep a respectful distance between them. It'd be weird of to not respect space and boundaries. Despite his ever-growing crush on Jungkook, he'd never initiate anything without his consent. 

He's not sure Jungkook would be willing to do anything with him either way. Namjoon's not one to believe in fairy tale love stories.

Which is why it surprises his sleep-addled brain when Jungkook suddenly whispers into the darkness of the night, the words Namjoon had never dreamt about hearing from him.

"Hyung, will you kiss me if I asked?"

3rd season of Forever will be updated later tonight