07.

2K SPECIAL!! THANK YOU ALL SM<33

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

the meetup

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

the obnoxious ringing of clarissa's alarm rung loud in her ears at exactly 6 am.

she rolled over and smacked snooze, making the clock roll off her bedside table. she shot up at the loud noise and petted mars. light rain tapped on the condensation-covered window, the cold december breeze banging against it was making mars hide underneath the blanket.

they smile and hop up after realising what day it is.

clarissa. quickly splashed her face with cold water and brushed her hair into a messy bun. they grabbed their toothbrush and other toiletries and shoved them into her suitcase. she had packed most of her clothes and stuff the night before.

mrs simons was going to be driving them all the way to tubbo's house this morning so she had to quickly eat breakfast before they left. she ran downstairs and made some french toast. no one was awake yet so she had to be quiet.

they put in their airpods and hummed along to her chill playlist. she whisked the eggs, dipped in the bread and lightly fried it. after it was done she sprinkled icing sugar on top on cut up some strawberries.

she sat down to it with a glass of orange juice when her little sister, isabella came into the kitchen, scratching her head.

"hey, bells. you okay? it's early" clarissa asked, sipping her orange juice.

"i'm okay. i had a nightmare then i heard you rummaging around" the 9-year-old mumbled.

"oh, i'm sorry. do you wanna go back to sleep?" she asked.

"no, my nightmare was too scary" isabella sat next to her older sibling.

isabella often had nightmares, it was a regular thing.

"do you want to tell me what it was about?" clarissa said.

"you had a row with mum then left and never came back" she mumbled, looking at the floor.

"come here sweetheart," they patted their knee, letting her little sister jump up "that will never happen, i could never leave you forever"

"promise?" isabella hugged onto her.

"promise."

"when are you going to toby's?" she asked.

"umm, in 20 mins. do you want some french toast?" said clarissa.

"yes please," she replied as her sibling started preparing it. "I wish I could come with you see toby too. i miss him."

"I wish you could come too" they flipped over the bread.

"will you see lani?"

"yep"

"this isn't fair!" isabella complained as clarissa chuckled.

[time skip]

tommy heaved their suitcases into the car boot and slammed it shut before he jumped into the passenger seat. clarissa hugged isabella, her dad and hesitated at her mum.

"have fun at toby's" her mum patted her back. she looked up at the house, marcus' curtains still shut.

"bye mum" clarissa walked down the pavement to mrs simons car.