Chapter 4

Hinata and Natsu sit on the bed and start talking about they're day at school. Hinata motions for you to come sit with them. You quietly walk over, sit down, and listen.

Hinata started complaining about a math problem he had for homework. "The teacher said it was supposed to be pretty hard so she didn't expect most of us to get it right. It's an extra question for more marks but even Tsukishima is having a hard time with it ughhhh."

You started to get confused because you hadn't been even close to a school before. Also you had no idea who Tsukishima was.

"U-um Hinata, can I see the math problem." You say rubbing the back of your head. "Ok sure, do you think you can solve it!!"

You looked down at the problem Hinata had given you. It was (x+2)(x + 3) + (x – 3) (x – 2) – 2x(x + 1) = 0 You read the question and instantly knew the answer.

"X=6" you say and Hinata looks at you amazed. "WOW YOUR SUPER SMART!!" Hinata said, his eyes shining.

You look at him and get embarrassed so you start twirling your fingers again. A light blush had placed itself on your cheeks. (from the embarrassment.) You weren't used to compliments at all.

"I agree, that was a difficult question and you figured it out in no time." You jolt your head up and partly finch away from the door.

Ukai and Takeda were standing there. Takeda was the one who said it so you hesitantly nodded in thanks.

You were a little scared because you didn't know this man so you stayed quiet. Watching him he watched you flinch away and a small frown crossed his lips. It was gone in a second and he smiled at you.

"What school do you go to? They must be a good one if you're this smart already!" Takeda said looking at you.

You look down breaking your eye contact and look at his shoes. "I haven't been to a school before sir." You say shyly and look back at him.

"Huh, b-but then, no offence,  how are you on this skill level?"

You slightly shrug your shoulders. "There was a library right across from the house. I could sneak out in the middle of the night and get books. I liked the learning books because the questions gave me something to do."

You start to feel uncomfortable, you haven't spoken this much for a long time.

You start to play with your fingers, a habit of yours when you're nervous, or uncomfortable.

Takeda gives you a kind smile picking up on it. "It's been a long day, we should all go to bed." The rest nod and Natsu yawns loudly.

Takeda walks over to you and gives you a small hug. You tense but he whispers gently in your ear "Welcome to our family y/n."

He lets go only for everyone to push him back into it as everyone else joins in for a big group hug.

After everyone left you were all alone and the room suddenly felt huge. You turned off the light and laid on your bed. 

You loved and hated night time. Every night your dreams were littered with nightmares. But at least your father was normally asleep or watching tv drunk.

Every shadow, the moonlight from the window changing, the sound of nothingness. All these things terrified you.

You were shaking uncontrollably as your memory's of him flash before your eyes. The big room was horrible for your fear so you grabbed the smaller blanket and pillow off the bed. You walk towards the closest and shut yourself inside and got comfortable.

You stopped shaking and your fears slowly melted away. You drifted into an uneasy sleep the nightmares that always haunt you coming out to play.

You tossed and turned all night till a hand reached down into closet and rested on your head.

Your eyes bolt open and you shake as your dream flashes through your memory.

You looked at the person who's hand was on your head when you saw Ukai with Takeda behind him. Both had worried looks on their faces.

You curled into a ball and sat there calming yourself down. Ukai crouched down and pulled you into a tight hug. Your head was against his chest and you could here his heartbeat. You started trying to match your breathing with his and after 5 minutes you were ok again.

(It was 7:00 am.)

You shakily stood up and Takeda  gave you a glass of water he had gotten. You chug the whole glass and quietly thank them.

You all head out to the kitchen where Hinata and Natsu were having fun making pancakes. You had heard of them but never tried them. So you were a little excited.

You all sat down and Hinata handed you a plate with pancakes and (your favourite pancake topping).

You all started eating and once you took your first bite you looked at them slightly amazed. "This is really good Hinata and Natsu! Thank you." That all turn to you and watch your eyes shine as you take another bite.

"Hey y/n me and Ukai were talking about what is going to happen with schooling for you. We were thinking that you could go with Ukai and help him coach to make new friends. Then when you decide you want to go to the school that we'd sign you up. This way you'd know some people beforehand who could help you out there. What do you think?" Takeda asks, your mouth filled with food.

You quickly swallow. "I think that might be a good idea, but wait, this means I actually get to go to a school!" You say, eyes shining. Everyone laughs as you smile widely.

"So when am I going with Dad(Ukai) also what is he the coach of?" you ask confused. "Well, me Hinata and Natsu leave in 30 minutes for school and Ukai coaches afternoon practice at 4 so you'll go with him then. Oh and he's the coach of the boys volleyball team." Takeda says and your shocked

"Wait, I'm going TODAY!?!??"