Chapter 5: a busy day

(Fireys pov)

It was around almost 2 weeks later, those whole weeks have been so fun with leafy around. Well, sorta, since she's on the other side of the barrier. I'd like to see her but I'm not even sure if there's a way to actually do it. I'm sure I can figure something out. I make myself some eggs before going to leafy. Eating as quick as I can I finally finished. "That's odd, gelatin should've been yelling that he's late for work by now..." I said to myself. I found it strange that he wasn't doing that already. But I decided to not worry about it and just go. I open the front door and start heading to the forest where the barrier is.

"Where do you think you're going?" Said a, rather familiar voice. Ugh, match.

"What do you want? Isn't what happened in the bakery enough to entertain you." I wined.

"Nothings ever that entertaining but, I still need a bit- hey! Where are you like, going!" She exclaimed, I just walked as she followed me. "Wait w-where are you like- your not gonna go like, in the forest are you." She said, she sounded scared, I was a bit surprised.

"Uh, yeah, why?"

"J-Jeez you really like, don't know anything here! No one goes in there. It's like, not somewhere safe."

"Says who?"

"Like, the everyone around that's who! Even the mayor says it's like, dangerous here!" I looked at the forest, could that be why there was a surveillance camera? Never mind that! I don't care if it's dangerous, I have a friend on the other side of a barrier!

"Look, I don't know how dangerous it is here but i still wanna go there" I answered.

"Okay I like, get that I can be mean but just like, be careful! Not because you can get hurt, I could like, care less if you do. Just don't get caught" she said, before leaving. Was she warning me? She's pretty mean to the point where she shouldn't do something like that but, it was just so weird. I tried not to think of it much as I started walking into the forest to meet up with leafy.

(Leafys pov)

I woke up as the bell rang in my room. "I wonder what time it is...." I said to myself before checking my clock. It had a few cracks, meaning it was broken, but it was still able to function so I could tell the time. I check the time, "gee golly it's 11 am!?" I claimed. I woke up late! Now I gotta water the flowers late! And give the birds seeds! I run as fast as I can and stumble upon lemon, my caretaker! She takes care of me since my-

Never mind that!

"You woke up pretty late, I don't think that's something really normal for you" lemon said.

"I know I know, I'm really sorry about that, I'll do my chores super quick I promise!" I said running outside. My daily chores aren't a lot but I still have to do it, I have to check on the garden and the flowers, and I have to feed some of the animals here! I really enjoy giving the birds seeds and the fish food as well!

"Aaaa wait wait wait!" Lemon said, don't forget to eat something before leaving, and remember, don't forget to water all of the plants'' she said.

"I promise I wont! And i'll just grab some berries and i'll go on, bye lemon caretaker!"

"Just call me lemon, everyone knows I'm your caretaker" she said laughing.

"I know! It's just fun calling you that!" I said laughing. I start heading to do my chores.

A few minutes in and I'm already done! I just need to feed the birds is all! "Hmmm, how to get up to them so I can give them some seeds?" I said. "I got it!" I put the seeds in my head and start flapping my hands to try and fly.

(Really quick! If you guys didn't know, leafy has wings, I should really show you her design lol, i'll do it later tho, all you need to know is that she has feathers or wings or whatever you wanna call it so she can fly! Now I must continue)

I tried to get up and while I managed to do it, the birds came to get the seeds. "Haha! I did it!" I said as I stopped flapping my arms, " wait no!" I try flapping them again but I end up falling down into the pile of flowers. "Oof! Aww Man, I thought I could do it!" I sat up as I tried to think of what else to do now. "Wait a minute...OH GOSH I WAS SUPPOSED TO MEET UP WITH FIREY!" I yelled, a few others looked at me, I just nervously smiled and blushed from embarrassment. I start running and running to the part of the barrier and when I make it there, I fall from how tired I am and try to catch my breath.

"Leafy?" It was firey, he was here.

"Hold- hold on... I'm out...of breath-"

As soon as I catch my breath I stand up. "Okay! I'm better now!" I said, I could hear him laughing, I just smiled.

A few minutes in we started talking again, firey asked what it looked like on the other side so i tried telling him all the different flowers here since it was like a garden! "There are so many kinds of flowers here! There's flame Lily's, roses, tulips, camellias, and more, I could name most of them" I said with confidence.

"Are you sureeeee, there are a lot of flowers to name" firey said.

"Is that a challenge?~" I said, giggling.

"I mean it could it could, but that is if you dont get-"

"Oooo a bunny!"

"Distracted..." he said, giggling afterwards.

It got a bit silent after that, he was probably just paying attention to something else like me. "You know..." I started saying, "i think if you came to this side you would like it here. There's a lot of nature here, and you wouldn't have to deal with anything bad."

"I wish, even if I did go to the other side wouldn't everyone else be freaked out by me? I'm a flame. No one accepts me for being that" I could hear him sigh.

"Well, no one would really be freaked out anyways, no one comes this far from back where i go" i said.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean that, people don't get the idea of coming here because they are so scared to be here, since its close to the upside of here."
"then, how come you came all the way here?" It was a good question, since all my erm, friends? I'm not sure if they are my friends, but they get scared of the thought of coming out here this far.

"I just needed to get a break for a while, if you get what I mean."

"Oh completely understandable, i know what you mean by that," he replied.

Another moment of silence struck, but then I heard as if he stood up. "Leaving early?" I asked.

"Nope," he said. " I'm gonna try and cross the barrier."

.

.

.

.

//authors note:
Edit: haha I left you guys on a cliffhanger-

alright so uhhh, I'm really sorry for not making the chapter soon 😭

I was gonna do it by the end of March but then I got caught up with all my missing assignments and I spent almost a month doing it, and when April came I wanted to make a chapter and publish it on my birthday (April 18) but I didn't have time so I decided to do it now! It's pretty bad but all my chapters are bad oof, but uh, I hope you like it, you get to know a little more about leafy too wooo, I didn't even bring up why gelatin didn't yell on how's he's late 😭

anyways i'll try to make the next chapter soon too, stay positive you guys! Byeee!