Chapter 18: Patching Things Up

Somewhere around the city, there was an object, a coin, carrying wood as he made it back to his apartment. There were questions from other objects, wondering "who would need that much wood??" The coin seemed to have a whole wagon of it.

He walked around, his main focus taking this wood to the apartment he lived in. Yet there seemed to be something stranger than that, vines everywhere. And more flowers appeared in the city than usual.

There's not really anyone that could've done this, flower? Perhaps, but this stuff started a few months ago, which flower has been around for years according to her and ruby.

Leafy? Maybe, but no one knows leafy, and with her disguise, she's not an earth element according to the city. Besides, she's only been here for two or three weeks. It's odd, everyone questions it, but never does anything to investigate it.

The coin had tripped on one of the vines on his way to the apartment, he was too caught up in his head to see what was in front of him. However, as he was about to get up, he saw something odd near, or someone. He wasn't quite sure what he really saw, but the figure seemed to run away as soon as it was spotted.

Leaving the coin in pure confusion...
—————————————————————————————————————
(Coinys pov)
I rub my eyes before looking at where I was...I could've sworn I saw someone...but who? Is someone watching me?...ridiculous coiny....stop acting so paranoid! I thought, I finally pulled myself and got up. Grabbing the wagon filled with wood, trying to move from the shivering thought.

My stupid brain is already making up random things? With the lack of sleep im getting I wouldn't be surprised. It's been hard for any of us to really get much sleep. These past two weeks have been not so great, but I guess it's better than before. Everyone is obviously worried about firey, for him you'd expect him to be awake now. But no, he's been unconscious for the two weeks that passed. It's worrying for everyone but mainly for leafy, as she's the one that is super close to firey...not saying, gelatin and I aren't- it's just harder on leafy!-

Right gelatin!...oh geez. I haven't even spoken to him since the whole argument that happened at flowers shop. I remember being mad at him at first, but I realized I wasn't much of a good friend to him since hanging out with pin more. I started leaving him behind, and it didn't help that firey started leaving too. Then when he got fired from his job I didn't really do much to help comfort him. I was a terrible friend to him...is it even right to call him a friend anymore without getting hurt from the small word?...my feelings have been confusing lately, I don't know.

I just know that I miss him, and I just want to talk to him again without things being so awkward between us. I miss him. I miss firey. I miss how it was before, even with match, who I didnt even trust at first. But she's not bad, she's nice if you get to actually know her. Leafy too, she was always so cheerful and happy whenever we saw her, and now shes frowning with the worry of firey in her head. All of this worries me, and now that others like pin and needle, flower, ruby, are now involved in this situation, it stresses me out.

Wow....maybe I do have a lot in my head, pin told me to talk to gelatin about it, but as mentioned, we aren't quite on speaking terms right now. So that is not really happening yet. All that thinking made it quick for me to get back to the apartment, as I found myself standing in front of the door.

Hesitation on my part approaches as I try to open the door. Once I end up doing so, I see where everyone is, well, almost everyone.

"Hey dork" I heard needle say, she was sitting on the couch on her phone. I looked to see her, not only her, but I can see ruby, flower, and blocky talking. For the two having fought during the battle it's kind of nice seeing them get along.