Chapter 9: One Step at a Time

(fireys pov)

Everything has been great, with coiny and gelatin knowing about leafy, they just won't stop talking about her. They really enjoy her, at first they did like her, they just were a little suspicious about her. But a bit later on they began to get close, and now they just follow me whenever I go to her.

As i was getting ready, I saw both coiny and gelatin up, at this hour huh.
"Hey you two...what's up?"

"Oh nothing muchhhh" Gelatin spoke. Coiny was just rolling his eyes. "So what are you up to-"

"Gelatin, if you two wanna come you can just say so" I snickered.

"Well okay! If you say so!'' Gelatin got up and began walking!

"I guess we're going now?" coiny asked.

"Not exactly, do you think we can stop by the bakery today?"

"H-huh?" Coiny looked at me with confusion, out of all objects i would wanna go to the bakery. A while back, Leafy and I were talking about the differences between each other's sides.

*flashback*

"Haha! Why, these dessert things sound scrumptious!'' Leafy laughed.

"For sure! You know, chocolate cake is pretty good, in my opinion. '' I remember the day, it was windy on leafys side, I remember that at one point leafy almost flew away. I thought it might've been a good idea for her to lean on a tree so she wouldn't fly away.

The day was since, it was a quiet atmosphere, so many flowers there, and each time leafy and i had a quiet moment it just felt right. Whenever we did talk it was such a joy to hear leafy whether it was rambling random things or asking a lot of questions.

"Do you think they have anything with strawberries?" she looked at me with her soft eyes, filled with excitement.

"Yeah of course, there's more than just chocolate and all that"

"Ooooo it must be so good! You all are lucky!"

I sat up looking at her as she's just giggling while holding her flower crown, it was still a shock on how she keeps it on her so often. I didn't think I made it that good, but she seems to like it anyways. "Hey do you maybe, wanna try something? I can get you something if you want."

"What! No! Wait! Really!" leafy seemed pretty excited with my answer, "you would really- yes! Oh my tree yes!"

I laughed a little, "I'm pretty sure you all should be able to make some or no? That's at least what I thought."

"Well sure! But it's not something anyone does here ''I gave her a confused look as she began to explain. "It's not like how it is on your side, over here we have a lot of rules that the ruler assigns and-"

"Ruler?"

"Oh! Hm, well a long time ago there was a pretty confusing time for everyone, which left a lot to fight"

"The war is it not?'' A little bit of catching up, a long time ago everyone lived in peace and all, but one of the elements had begun to attack out of nowhere, i think you can all guess which element did. It was known that back then elements of earth, water, fire, and air were able to possess great powers that were able to help the rest of civilization. The only reason why people are so afraid of fire elements is because they were the ones to attack. But after the war was over all elements had gone into hiding.

Not a single water, air, fire, or earth element were ever seen after. There is also that generation of the elements though, like gelatin, hes jello yes, but that's made of water, it's basically a whole different generation. Or match, she's got no fire but can bring it since she is still a fire element. And then there are objects like me that do come from that generation from during the war. A glance at me can send people to flip.