two

Soon the two boys could be seen standing next to each other with their eyes focused on the butterflies around them.

"Do you come here often?" Daniel asked quietly. A blue-winged insect landed on Corbyn's hair which made a smile appear on both boy's face.
"Yes. Every day. This is my safe place" he admits softly.
The smile on the taller's face widens as he imagines Corbyn watching the sky and butterflies and flowers there.

"What do you hide from? Why is this your safe place?" Daniel shyly asks.
"I don't feel so lonely here. It sounds weird, I know. But I have only two close friends, Jonah and Jack. I love them lots but they are a bit different than me. They like to do more teenager stuff and not watch bugs all day."

The two get to know each other and suddenly a couple of hours has passed. But having someone to talk with has been worth it.
Corbyn learned that Daniel studies photography in college which he was really interested about. On the other hand, Daniel loved how Corbyn is free of school and gets to explore and spend time outdoors every day.

"You're an interesting boy, Daniel" the brunette smiles. He gets one back and feels his heart get warm.
"So are you Corbyn. I find your obsession with butterflies really cute."
As one once again lands on Corbyn, he adds "and they really like you".

Suddenly Daniel frowns and starts ranting. "Dang it's 8 already. I have too much to do and I'm totally gonna lose my sleep."
Tears swell in his eyes and the blue orbs look even more clear and sparkly than usually. He feels small, soothing hands on his shoulders and relaxes right away.
"Daniel, deep breaths. What is the most important thing you gotta do?"
"Figure out the topic for my photo project."

Corbyn's eyes search for Daniel's and soon meet them as the taller lifts his head.
"If you'd like some help, maybe flowers would be beautiful to take photos of?" Corbyn asks shyly.
The blonde seems to like the idea after thinking for a few seconds. Soon it's Corbyn's turn to feel hands on him, wrapped around his torso making him feel at ease.

"I'm glad I met you. Thank you for today. I'm not letting you go" Daniel whispers in his ear. Chills running down the brunette's skin he nods and gives his number to the other.

"I gotta go but I'll call you tonight, okay?"
Corbyn smiles at the thought and nods again. "Bye Daniel, see you soon again!"

•••••••

*bing*

Daniel
ft?
9:47pm

Corbyn🦋
yes!
9:48pm

Corbyn picks up almost immediately, laying down on his bed comfortably. Daniel's smiling face pops on his screen but there is visible exhaustion behind his smile.
"Hi Corbyn! I kinda missed your face already" he mutters. The smaller giggles and tries to hide his blushing face in his hoodie.

After slightly flirting for a while, Corbyn changes the topic to college.
"Don't wanna talk about it all the time" the blonde says.
"But Danielll I wanna help you. I can write your essay or something."
"Corbyn it's nearly 10 and it's due tomorrow."
The younger whines that he doesn't care and convinces he's smart. Daniel already had noticed that.

"Okay but promise me that it's completely fine with you."
"Yes it is" Corbyn talks, happy for feeling helpful.
The two chat for a while before Daniel sends the essay instructions to the other.

Two hours later the blonde turns his lamp off and lets his head hit the pillow.
"What a day.." A smile forms once again on his lips when a certain boy flutters into his mind.
He is something special.
And tomorrow they were going to meet again.

// i finished this now right before going to sleep so i hope it doesn't have too many typos or mistakes hahah