chapter 16 (free)

It had been a couple of months since akaashi told you what happened and since then you've been plotting. Her mom was out of town and she was coming back this weekend. You and akaashi still went on small dates here and there as he made up for his mistakes. He should have told you what was happening, you would've understood. Better yet, all of this could've been avoided but things happen for a reason right...right?

Maybe this was meant to happen, maybe you weren't meant to be together. I mean is anybody really meant to be together? Did you deserve happiness? Well yeah of course you did, but why you? You thought this only happened in movies and wattpad books.

You spent all night convincing yourself you deserved love, to feel love. You deserved to be happy. You deserved the world and everything else on top of that. But was it really that hard? Did everyone have to go through something like this just to be happy, or was it just you?

You laughed at the thought. You deserved everything positive that was coming to you. You honestly couldn't ask for better. Now just to get rid of naella, easy....right?

It was now the weekend of naellas mom's return. It was saturday and her mom actually got back yesterday. You were waiting for this day to come so naella could leave you and keiji alone because boy was she making it hell.

It was towards the end of the year and you were turning 18 in a few weeks and you were honestly excited. You didn't get to do anything over the top last year because you got a cold and it ruined all of your plans but this year nothing was gonna stop you from having a good birthday.

You were in the car with bokuto and akaashi on the way to naellas house and it was 1pm. The closer you got the sweatier your palms got, you didn't know why you were nervous well not even nervous, the anticipation was just killing you and you wanted to get it over with.

This is what you wore since akaashi was taking you on a date after and ofc bokuto was third wheeling but hopefully he would find a gf soon so he didn't have to third wheel anymore, although when he did y'all never let him feel left out...ever

You dragged your hands along your bottoms getting rid of the sweat on your palms

"we're here" akaashi announced while turning off the car

"finally come on im ready to get this over with" you unbuckled your seatbelt and got of the car making sure to grab you and akaashi's phone because he tends to leave it in the car alot.

You knocked on the door like a normal person although you were planning to basically kick the door down while you were on the way there but keiji and kou talked you out of it.

The door opened a couple of seconds later and there stood the solution to this whole problem.

she had a huge smile on your face seeing who was at the door. "Hi y/n how are you i haven't seen you in forever" she pulled you into a hug and it was true its been a whole year since you've seen her just because of how busy she was in different countries so she was barely ever around the past year.

"Hi ms.hadid and ive been good, how was london?" you smiled up at her after pulling away from the hug

"it was great and i told you to just call me taylor, hi bokuto still pursuing volleyball?" she smiled at the taller boy behind you

"hi and yes i am we've been doing really good" bokuto motioned between him and akaashi making your boyfriend catch her attention next

"oh ms.ha- i mean taylor, this is my boyfriend akaashi, keji akaashi" you pointed behind you at the latter "akaashi this is taylor, naellas mom"

Akaashi kindly smiled at her reaching out his hand for her to shake which she gladly accepted "its nice to meet you"

"and you, okay come in you've been standing out there too long" she stepped to the side holding the door open as the three of you treaded into the house.

Naella came down the stairs moments later

"mom who are you-" she stopped mid sentence as she saw you all standing by the door with her mom "what are yall doing here"

"oh we're just here to show your mom something dont worry we wont be here long" you mischievously smiled at her

"why not you should stay for dinner" her mom suggested

you shook your head "i cant keiji is taking me on a date after this so we only stopped by to show you this" you grabbed akaashis phone and unlocked it and went to his camera roll then going to the video and playing it for taylor to hear.

After the video was over naella had a shocked/angry expression on her face and taylor (naellas mom) had the same expression except for the fact that they were for different reasons.

You grinned at naella knowing what was to come next.

"You see what happened was naella pretended she had a child with my boyfriend for what, i dont know but not only that she was sending dead animals to my house almost a year ago because of a past relationship and i just wanted to show you what kind of daughter you have" you said then pulling out your phone and showing the horrifying pictures, once she had seen enough you permanently deleted the photos from your device and put it in your pocket.

"mom i-its fake" naella almost whimpered

"thank you for showing me this baby im sorry that's happened to you and i hope you enjoy your date ill see you later my love" she pulled you into a hug before you all left the house with a HUGE weight lifted off of your shoulders.

The rest of the day was fun. Akaashi took you to the beach bokuto tagging along and he set up a picnic and you all socialized and got closer than what you thought was possible but you wouldn't trade this for anything in the world.

edited 6/13/21