Chapter 10

"D-Dazai. C-Chuuya."

Both males jumped whipping their heads to the male lying in the bed clearly awake. Their eyes widened as they took in the sight of their omega looking at them. Dazai and Chuuya took a moment as they were both in shock. Once they snapped out of their shock they ran over to Atsushi's bedside and took his hands. They both could feel tears come to their eyes as they took in Atsushi's dull eyes.

"Atsushi you're awake." Atsushi tried to reply but everytime he tried to say something he coughed. His throat felt like it was being scratched with a thousand nails. Chuuya rushed to get the omega something to drink, bringing over a cup of water. The red haired alpha slowly helped Atsushi drink the water. Once he drank a little bit his throat felt better allowing him to speak.

"Why are you both here?" His voice cracked from the lack of use and from the emotion that overtook him. He didn't understand what was going on or why both of his soulmates were by his side. He thought the two didn't care about him. He continued to look at the two with confused dull eyes. He didn't remember how he ended up here. He knew he was in the hospital as he had looked around the room before alerting the others that he was awake. He felt the other two flinch when he asked what they were doing in his hospital room.

Both alphas could feel the regret and guilt overtake them as they heard Atsushi question why they were even with him. Dazai could tear his eyes away from how empty the omega's eyes were. The colors were so muted that it didn't even look like Atsushi. Dazai couldn't help but think that this was his fault and it was. It was his and Chuuya's fault, that their omega was currently in the hospital with dead eyes.

While Atsushi had woken up and was talking to his alphas, Yosano was currently in her office with her head in her hands. She sighed as she had been going over and over Atsushi's chart trying to figure out how to help the young omega. She knew deep down that the only thing that could help Atsushi was his alphas but right now she did not trust them to be able to provide for the omega. She sighed again as that seemed to be the only thing she knew how to do right now. She stood up after a while, deciding to go check on the omega.

When she opened the door, she let out a silent gasp as she saw that Atsushi was finally awake. She knew that she needed to check Atsushi over but she didn't want to interrupt them. She stood in the doorway and just watched.

"Atsushi. We are so sorry." Chuuya began as he held Atsushi's hand tightly. He noticed that the omega's hand was limp and it made his heart hurt. To think they had caused so much hurt to their omega. "We were so stupid to ignore you and your feelings. Please Atsushi, give us a chance to make things right." He gently squeezed Atsushi's hand as he looked into his young soulmate's eyes.

Atsushi laid there listening to the oldest alpha but it was like the words didn't register. He knew at this point that he was disassociating so he couldn't be hurt anymore. He wanted to believe Dazai and Chuuya but he just couldn't, at least for right now. He wanted to make sure that they were truly being sincere. He nodded his head and he could hear the sighs of relief from the two older men. He felt the both of them squeeze his hands.

"I see that you are awake now, Atsushi. It is about time." Yosano decided now was the time to step in. She walked over to Atsushi and shooed Dazai away so she could check the omega's vitals. She could feel her heart clench at the omega's eyes. She asked him the routine questions but he stayed silent. She started to ask yes or no questions just to make sure he was all there. She was relieved as it seemed he most likely had selective mutism.

"Alright Atsushi, it seems that everything is in order, though it looks like you are having trouble talking." She noticed the two alphas look at each other in confusion. She looked at the two of them with a raised eyebrow. When Chuuya spoke up letting her know about how Atsushi spoke when he first woke. She then explained that it was probably before he was fully conscious so he wasn't blocking talking out.

"You should be able to go home tomorrow. I just want to do a couple more tests before you go."

Dazai watched Yosano leave with a blank face. His fists were clenched in his pockets hidden away. He knew that Atsushi would need to spend as much time as possible with his two soulmates. He looked at the back of Chuuya's head as he knew that the older male would offer his apartment for Atsushi to recover in. He stood behind Chuuya as the shorter male never let go of the omega's hand. He kept his mask up as he knew that if anyone found out he was vulnerable, they wouldn't hesitate to attack. The brunette slowly walked back over to where he originally sat and took hold of his omega's hand, turning it slowly so he could take a peak at Atsushi's soulmark. It was time for him to get over himself and actually look after his soulmates. He knew they deserved better but he didn't want to give them up for anything as he was a selfish man.

The weretiger laid in the bed not having the energy to really move. He watched his two alphas talk to him but he didn't really hear what they were saying. It could have been something important but right now he did not care. He didn't want to even dare to hope but as time went by with his two soulmates by his side that little flame of hope grew. Maybe things would be different. Maybe they could actually be happy together.

"Atsushi....will you stay with me and Dazai in my apartment?" Chuuya looked into Atsushi's emotionless eyes with hope shining in his ocean blue ones. He wanted the two to stay with him so they could actually work on being happy together. Just imagining Atsushi cooking in the kitchen with him and Dazai whining from the couch how they didn't trust him in the kitchen. When he watched Atsushi nod he felt the tension in his shoulders release. This would be the start of making things right with their omega.