Chapter 12

It was about a month later when Dazai and Chuuya noticed that Atsushi was interacting with them more. The three of them were out on a date when they noticed. Atsushi had been walking in between them when suddenly he grabbed both of their hands causing the both of them to falter in step. They looked at him with wide eyes as they came to a complete stop. The youngest looked at the two of them with a silent question in his eyes. His eyes had brightened more into their true beauty as time went on, both of the alphas loved it. Though this was the first time Atsushi had initiated contact with the two of them. They normally had to be the ones to grab his hands or caress his cheek or even kiss his cheek. They honestly thought they weren't making any progress. Squeezing his hands the alphas gave him a smile as to say that nothing was wrong and that they were happy.

Even though they were happy, they were still concerned as Atsushi still hadn't been talking. A new symptom also seemed to appear the more lively Atsushi became. The young omega started having night terrors that sometimes scare the two alphas as they didn't know how to calm the other. They took things day by day; some days were definitely better than others. Taking that into mind they didn't expect their soulmate to actually initiate anything. They could feel their soulmates burn pleasantly as the three continued to walk. Walking back into the apartment the three of them sighed when the conditioned air hit them. It was a sweltering day so they were relieved to be out of the sun.

Atsushi sighed happily as he collapsed onto the couch. He was glad his two alphas were taking the time to show him that they truly do love him. He still had his moments where he didn't believe them and it would take him time to recover. Those days he knows hurts his soulmates as it was a reminder to them. A reminder that they let their omega down. He felt the two alphas move him so his head and legs were laid on each of their laps. He opened his eyes to see Chuuya looking down at him with a soft smile. He could see love in brilliant blue eyes that shone like gems. He smiled back before closing his eyes again. He could hear Dazai turn the tv on as Chuuya ran his fingers through his hair. He still hadn't forgiven the alphas but he was on his way to. He was still scared that they would just up and leave him at any point. The two of them hadn't even really left him truly alone. They would always switch off on who Atsushi goes to work with and if there was a big mission he would stay with Dazai specifically. The ADA members have been trying their best to help him in any way possible.

Chuuya continued to run his fingers through Atsushi's fluffy white hair as he and Dazai watched some action show. He was glad Atsushi was finally letting them in. Though he was worried. He was scared that they had done irreparable damage to the omega. It had been weeks since the young male talked to anyone. He hoped that his youngest soulmate would talk soon. He missed hearing Atsushi's voice. He glanced over at Dazai to see the other focused on the show, rubbing Atsushi's legs subconsciously. He knew Dazai was blaming himself the hardest as he was the one to come up with the plan in the beginning. The slightly younger male took to spoiling him and Atsushi as a way to make up for it. No matter what he said he wasn't able to convince the brunette that they were both at fault equally.

Dazai sat there lost in thought as he rubbed Atsushi's legs. His brain was on overdrive as he tried to think of ways to make it up to his two mates. He needed to be enough for them. Taking himself out of his thoughts he looked over to see Chuuya with the softest smile. It was a smile that exudes warmth and love. One that made you feel like you were home and safe. A relaxed quirk of a smile was on Dazai's face as he took in the sight. He loved watching his two soulmates interact. He knew he didn't deserve either of them but he also couldn't live without them. When he first distanced himself from Chuuya he felt a certain bitterness towards himself. His attempts at suicide had increased to a point where he actually thought he would finally succeed. At this point in his life, he had lost one of his best friends that he viewed as a brother. Then he made it even worse on himself by leaving Chuuya behind. He never regretted anything more than that moment as it resulted in him almost losing one of his soulmates.