PLOT TWIST!!!

PLAYER POV

They're together.

Perfect. I'll show Dust never to do it again. I'll make Blueberry hate him. This is going to be so much fun. I'm coming. Hee hee... The best part is they never remember. I'm an Angel to them. How hilarious...

I smiled innocently as I sat down at my keyboard.

Blueberry POV

It's hard. I know I don't usually act like this, but my stars are gone all the time. It's hard to control Dust, and he acts like he doesn't care about me all the time. It's hard to remember that it's not his fault when he outright asks why I think he likes me, but I think it's hard for him too. I guess feeling sometimes like he's the only thing that's real... It makes him lonely. And he still thinks about the true lab... Sometimes I have to hold him back physically. But I know he's not doing it on purpose. It's hard to remember sometimes. But every night by the fire, sometimes he'll break through the shell and scream that he's sorry. I have to comfort him again. He thinks I'm going to decide to leave him and that he's a burden.

But there are better days where he's just halfhearted but a little more open. And I know he tries really hard. I know he's depressed because he's done something even I'd admit was almost unforgivable. Some days he checks the door every five minutes for an unexpected visit from some freak show named Player. Weird name, huh?

Dust POV

Things are... weird. You could say monotonous, but that's not how it feels. It just feels like something's missing. And, of course, there's nothing I can do about it. If I reset, we'll just go back to the start. The player will be back any time, but if I reset, Blueberry will also disappear. I'll lose my memory, and even more people will die. This is the best timeline I've got. Maybe you can call me a coward for not resetting. Maybe it would be better. Maybe they'd experiment with the Neutral routes or something. But I can't do it!!

Moving on from that, lately, Blueberry has been trying to make tacos for real using the recipe book Undyne gave Papyrus, and this time he didn't even set anything on fire. I guess it's a good start, but he's kind of an idiot.

Someone ran frantically by the door. I creaked it open, and there that friend of Frisk's was.

"Player is coming for you. He's planning to sabotage your relationship or whatever. They told me all their plans. I can help you!"

It all came out so desperately and quickly. It was so confusing why they were helping me! What was going on? Was this the other human's idea? To get me to trust her?

Quick a/n: don't tell me I messed up the au. Chara is not evil!! I don't care if they're supposed to be in this au. I really don't care!

Chara POV

I have to warn them. I don't care if they don't trust me or if I'm supposed to kill them. I despise the role I have been assigned. I have to break free somehow. I have to tell them.

"It's Player that possessed Frisk, not me. It's Player! I swear!"

Blueberry hugged me. It felt small, like a teddy bear, and almost soft as well. "I have to go back to Player now."

Dust POV

Maybe, just maybe, I can do it again. I can try to forgive. I know how. I just have to try.

The next day Blueberry finally made some edible blueberry pancakes (pun intended), and we ate them for brunch. I absentmindedly stabbed at mine after writing "player" on it with syrup. Blueberry snatched it and patted it affectionately. I stabbed it with my fork again. "Please just eat your pancakes. I'm literally younger than you." Blueberry exclaimed. I muttered some things about Player under my breath, such as "Curiosity killed the cat, and everyone else" or whatever. Blueberry heard me. He says it's good to make jokes about a depressing situation, even if they're annoying. So he pat me on the head, as annoying as ever.

I hugged him. He'd helped me through everything so much, and even if I could never really care much about anyone else, he made me feel like other people were real. Which was... wonderful.