3.0 proposal

"You guys are terrible. Awful friends." Zayn says.

"We're just tryna get you laid, mate." Niall pats his back and heads to Louis' kitchen.

Zayn sighs and flops down across Louis' couch.

"You should try for him, you know, ask him on the date." Louis suggests and Zayn scoffs.

"Like he'd go for me."

"You never know."

• • •

The next day, Zayn is meant to meet up with Liam in his office to go over his latest shoots.

"So I was thinking since this one looks more natural, we could use that and maybe darken it a little to give it a more seductive feel, you know what I mean?"

Zayn just nods because wow, Liam is beautiful.

Liam keeps talking while Zayn nods along, not really paying attention to what he's saying.

"We should go on a date." Liam says. Zayn stops nodding.

"What?"

"Oh, so you we're listening then?"

"A-are you-"

"Anyways, Carol said this one from the duet shoot you did with Josh was her favorite and we should use that somewhere, which I completely agree with..." Liam keeps going.

Zayn can't even nod along now because was Liam serious? Or was he just fucking with him to get him to pay attention? It's not like Liam would want to date Zayn, right? There are more attractive models at the agency.

Zayn stands up abruptly, startling Liam, "I have to pee." he says before scurrying out and to the bathroom.

He leans against the sink with his eyes closed. Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe ou- "Hey Zayn!"

Zayn jumps and bangs his knee on the underside of the sink, "Motherfucking shit, Lou! What's wrong with you?"

"I was looking for you, but Liam said you had went to the restroom so hi! What's up with you?"

"Nothing," he says pinching the bridge of his nose, "What did you want."

"Me, you, Harry, and Niall are going to the Victoria's Angels after party tonight. Invite Liam."

Zayn sighs, "One; why are we going to that? Why only the after party and not the actual event? And two; why should I invite Liam?"

"Well I heard the wine's nice and so is the food, and you're inviting Liam because you're not gonna be the only one without a date."

"Niall could be my date." he points out.

Louis smirks, "Niall's taking that Will guy. So you have to take Liam. Now get back to him before he thinks you're jacking off to the thought of him." he says before shoving Zayn back out the door.

Zayn takes his time walking back to Liam's office. What is he supposed to say? 'Hey Liam my friends are crashing a Victoria's Secret party tonight and they want me to bring my hunk of a photographer as a date'? He's not sure that's gonna work out so well.

He slumps into Liam's office and gives a sheepish smile when Liam looks up, "Hey Liam.. I kinda ran into Louis in the bathroom."

Liam laughs, oh Lord his laugh, "Yeah, he seemed really excited to find you when he came in here."

After Zayn takes his seat he stares at Liam who is peering intently at the pictures laid out on the desk.

He takes a deep breath, "Tonightthere'sthispartyLouis'makingmegotoandhedoesn'twantmetobetheonlyonewithoutadatesowillyougowithme?"

"What?" Liam blinks.

"I mean you don't have to say ye-"

"No I mean what did you say," he chuckles, "I didn't get a word of that."

"Oh, um well I have a favor to ask. Actually it's not really a favor it's more of a proposal, not like marriage proposal because I mean that's crazy because we're not dating or anything, not that I'm offended by the thought of dating you, I pretty sure you're a lovely boy... well, man. But I guess this is actually more of an idea, a suggestion? I just- Louis wants me to go to this thing tonight and everyone in our group has dates, except for me. And he thought it may be a good idea if you were my date. Not like actual date like not that it would be a date, I guess they just don't want me to be alone. And you don't have to say yes it's just not a date. If you do say yes, you know, to the party, it's not a date, because we're friends. Actually more accquaintences, well unless you want to be friends but yeah. Date. That's not what it is."

Zayn's aware that he just rambled into oblivion and he's also aware of the fact that Liam is trying really hard to hold back his laughs.

When he can finally talk knowing he won't burst into fits of laughter, Liam answers, "I'd love to go as your not date."

Zayn lets out a sigh of relief, "Thank God.- I mean, cool. That's... cool."

• • •

how is it so far...?

please check out other stories on my profile :)

vote
comment
send feedback

ig:tipsyziam