5.0 late dates

"Oh God Lou. Oh God oh God oh God he's gunna stand me up Lou, he's gunna stand me up, I'm here and he's not fucking here."

"Zee. It's been five minutes."

"What if he came and when he saw me he thought I was too hideous and he left before I could see him? Oh God, Louis!"

"Zay-"

"I'm too ugly, that's it."

"No, Zay-"

"He found someone better."

"Zayn!" Louis shouts through the speaker.

"Oh, nevermind Lou! He's here. I knew he wouldn't stand me up. Bye now!"

Louis shakes his head, "He's so whipped," he says once Zayn's hung up the phone.

"Zayn." Liam breathes when he catches sight of his date, "You're... you look great."

"Um, thanks," he says unsurely, "is it too much? Oh God it's too much, isn't it? I told Louis it would be too much why didn't I listen to myself I'm so sorry Liam. I-"

Liam reaches up and puts a hand on Zayn's shoulder, "You look beautiful."

Zayn definitely does not blush when Liam places a kiss to his cheek.

"Okay. Okay, you look great... too. By the way."

Liam shakes his head with a smile, Zayn may be shooting himself on the inside for being awkward, but Liam finds it endearing, just like everything else Zayn does.

"Shall we go?" Liam geastures down the street next to the bookstore he told Zayn to meet him at.

Zayn's able to say a shaky 'yeah' before Liam leads him down the street, taking his hand as he does so.

• • •

"No way! The Kooks' Bad Habit is definitely better than some band named after a monkey. I mean 'Cigarette Smoke'? No way, Liam."

"I'm telling you! It's a great song!"

Zayn laughs and lies back on the array of pillows. Liam had surprised Zayn and built a fort in the middle of his living room, not what Zayn expected, but it was cute so he wasn't going to complain.

"I was scrolling through 'Free on iTunes' the other day and found this song. '10,000 Emerald Pools' I believe. Definitely one of my favorites."

Liam lies back too and they both stare at the glow in the dark stars on the ceiling, "Really? You'll have to make me a playlist someday."

"I will. But you have to make one for me as well. It's only fair."

"Deal. Zayn?"

"Yeah?"

"Why Free on iTunes?"

"Liam."

"I mean, you make good money, why so cheap?"

"I'm a cheap man."

"God, I hope our children don't end up like this."

"Our children? Liam we aren't even married. Who even said we were getting married?"

"Well I want to have beautiful children."

"You're only going to marry me because of my looks?" Zayn gasps.

"Obviously."

"You suck."

"I know."

"Don't be a dick."

"You are what you eat."

"Liam."

• • •

this chapter sucks im v sorry. but i updated "SarryHtyles" please go check it out

btw the songs mentioned in this chapter are really good and yall should listen to them (10,000 emerald pools is by BØRNS)
vote
comment
send feedback

ig:tipsyziam
twitter:totalziam