13.0 te amo

i have writers block for this story so this may seem boring

"I think I love you."

Liam froze. He doesn't say anything back because he just can't speak. Zayn loves him? There's no possible way. They've only been dating for a month.

And Liam - being the guy he is - blurts it out, "It's - we've only been dating for a month."

He doesn't miss the hurt expression on Zayn's face, "I'm so-" he starts to apologize but Zayn cuts him off.

"No, no it's alright. I didn't actually expect you to say it back. I've liked you much longer than you've liked me."

Liam smiles sadly, "I really am sorry. I like you a lot, there's no doubt in that. It's just love isn't really... what I want right now? Okay wait that came out wrong," Liam looks up and takes a breath, "Okay, okay, I'm just... the way my last relationship ended, I'll probably laugh about it someday, but I had told him I loved him and he made a mockery out of me."

Zayn raises his eyebrows, "What did he do?"

"Well, um-" he bites at his bottom lip, eyes darting around the room, "So we were on a date, in this really fancy restaurant because I just wanted to tell him how I felt that night. So we had finished eating and everything and when I finally got the confidence and told him, he just kind of looked at me. Then he goes 'hey babe wanna hear a joke?' and I was like 'sure.' then he was like 'our relationship.' then he walked out and that was the end of that."

It's quiet for a minute before Liam bursts out laughing. He laughs loudly and throws his head back, eyes squeezing shut.

Zayn chuckles slightly, but out of fear. Maybe his boyfriend's gone crazy.

"Maybe it actually-" Liam catches his breath, "maybe it actually was pretty funny. Still stung, but yeah that was hilarious."

"Yeah?" Zayn chuckles again - this time not out of fear, "Well I'd never say something like that. I love you."

Liam smiles. The breathtaking one where his eyes crinkle at the sides and the brown in them seems to be sparkling.

"You know if you had a perfume, I'd have the perfect name for it." Zayn says out of the blue.

"What is it?"

"Te Amo Liam Payne."

"Zayn."

"Je T'aime Liam Payne."

"Shut up."

"T'estimo Liam Payne."

"Oh my God, Zayn."

"Mahal Kita Liam Payne."

"You're annoying."

"I love you."

• • •

yes. they were still naked on the couch this whole time.