𝒊. 𝑴𝒚𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒚

════════ ××× ════════

1996 January 16

Dr. Lee Jaeho was pacing back and forth across the long corridor of the hospital ward. Anxiety was eating him alive, hands fidgeting together, his whole mind occupied with the thoughts of his wife in labour and unborn baby.

"Mr. Lee?" The voice of a nurse took his attention. "Yes?"

"It's a boy." His face broke into a grin of relaxation, gratitude and happiness.

"Great!" An old man exclaimed, who was watching Jaeho the whole time. "It would've been problematic if it was a baby girl. As they grow, you burn with anxiety and you won't know what sleep is until you get her married. Worse if she elopes with someone else! When you are old and tottering, no one will be there to get you even a glass of water!"

Jaeho's displeasure at the man was evident in the sharp gaze he flashed at the man.

Before Jaeho could throw a reply on the man's way, the nurse from earlier came towards him, but this time with a beautiful baby in her hands, wrapped in a white bundle.

"We're very sorry, there was a mistake. It's a baby girl for you." A wide grin curved on his face, as the nurse placed the bundle into his arms. Eyeing the old man, who was now smiling awkwardly at him, Jaeho stared at his daughter lovingly, his gaze full of affection and love.

"Welcome to the world..," He cooed, holding onto his daughter's tiny hands. "...Lee Jennie"

×××

Lee Jennie.

This is her story.

The one and only daughter of Lee Jaeho, the townsfolk doctor, whose world revolves around his dear wife and daughter. Besides being a doctor, Jaeho is a great singer, who records his vocals and then listens to himself singing! Being a doctor, his notion is that, he should invent atleast a medicinal drug, so he has a laboratory set up at home.

Her mother is Mrs. Lee Misun, a college lecturer. A lovely mother one could ask for. She is an excellent chef unlike her daughter. Experimenting new recipes and then savoring it is Misun's favourite hobby!

Misun always used to say that Jennie should've been born as a boy. But Jaeho denies it. He says that their daughter is a tomboy!

Jennie hates cooking. She doesn't even know where is the kitchen in her house anyway. Everyone have something great to say about her, especially her school principal.

When everyone swooned over the handsome actor in a movie, Jennie swooned over the motorbike he was riding. Being the only daughter, persuading her parents (father) to buy her a bike was an easy task.