𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝑭𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔

════════ ××× ════════

AFTER filling their stomachs, Jennie went to the academy, accompanied by Lalisa and Nayeon. Three of them made their way inside the academy hall, where many students were practicing and training kung-fu.

"How can you go for the tournament tomorrow with your performance now?" Jennie turned to the right, where a deep voice caught her attention. She let out an inaudible gasp, her eyes falling on Kim Taehyung himself.

"Why are you here?" Taehyung asked, after coming towards the trio. "I came with h-" Before Nayeon could complete her sentence, Jennie nudged her elbow, muttering a curse under her breath. Nayeon cleared her throat, before continuing. "I mean, I came to see my brothers"

Jennie stared at him, witnessing how the wind ruffled his wavy milk tea locks. But as soon as they locked eyes, Jennie instantly put down her head. An awkward smile playing on her lips.

"Why do you send them here in the first place?" Taehyung asked, pointing towards two boys who were fast asleep in one corner. "They are asleep all the time. They don't have the energy to do even one push-up"

Nayeon squeezed Jennie's hand, reminding  the latter that she was only doing this for her.

"It's because of their high consumption of fast food" He continued. "Give something homemade like bulgogi for them, then kung-fu!"

Both Jennie and Nayeon was in a trance, but Lalisa walked away, literally dragging both of their hands. "Don't look back!" She warned Jennie, who was about to turn back to get one last glimpse of him. "He's in a bad mood. Come, let's go!"

×××

"Dongwook-ah, come back to Korea!" Her father's loud voice greeted Jennie, as soon as she stepped inside their home. "You are early today" Her mother commented, as Jennie made her way towards them. "Go and shower then"

Whistling, Jennie walked to her room, but before stopping to speak. "Omma, how do you make bulgogi?"

For a few seconds, the house was in complete silence. Her father had stopped talking and her mother had turned off the TV that she was watching. "Forget it! I'll make it myself" With that, Jennie turned on her heels, walking to the place called kitchen.

Jaeho and Misun watched their only tomboy daughter, in the kitchen, cooking bulgogi! Both of them stood at the doorway, leaning on the wall, still in utter shock and surprise. Both of them had a proud smile but the reason behind their daughter's sudden change was worth curious too!

"I'm going to shower" Jennie announced, leaving the bulgogi on low flame. "Don't you dare touch it!" She warned her parents, who were watching her the whole time like a hawk.

Jennie watched her parents taking a bite of her bulgogi, taking in their reactions. And their reactions were not the one she wanted! Jennie tilted her head, pouting.