𝒊𝒗. 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒔

═══════ ××× ════════

"I'M walking home!" Jennie declared, her voice coming out with frustration. 10 minutes has passed since their car broke down. Unforunately for her, her father wasa doctor.

They were coming back home from attending a marriage function of a family friend and it was late in the evening. Not a single taxi passed by in the last 10 minutes!

As Jennie took her first step forward, leaving her parents to tend to the car, someone spoke from behind her. "What happened doctor?"

"Oh, Taehyung" Her father's two words had Jennie turning on her heels, coming back instantly. "Something's wrong with the car"

Jennie took her time in observing Taehyung. He was wearing a black on black suit, probably coming back from work, his hair messy but still looking handsome as ever.

"Get in, I'll drop you off" Taehyung offered with a sweet smile. "Thank you" Jaeho thanked him, before three of them buckled up in his car. As Jennie plopped down on the backseat, her mother took a seat beside her. "Aren't you walking back home?" Her mother smirked. Jennie shrugged it off before staring at Taehyung through the rearview mirror.

"Where were you coming from?" Taehyung asked, starting a conversation. "On our way back from Minho's daughter's wedding. You know him right?" Her father added.

"I heard" Taehyung replied. "A record dowry was given right?" Jaeho nodded in agreement. Apparently, Minho had bought himself an expensive son-in-law!

"I hate people like them, giving or receiving dowry..." Taehyung huffed. But before Jaeho could reply to that, a police officer stepped in front of their car, stopping them.
"Park the car"

"Where are you heading off to?" The officer questioned, his eyes roaming around them. "Home" Taehyung answered after a little hesitation. "Take the car documents and show it to chief" Officer commanded, pointing towards the chief of police. Jennie cringed inwardly as she remembered that moment when she mistook the chief as Taehyung once.

Jennie watched Taehyung, who hadn't even bothered to make any movement in accordance instead he simply gave the documents to the officer. "Why are you not getting out?" The officer growled. "Are your legs paralyzed?"

Jennie let out an inaudible gasp at the officer's comment. "Who's the chief?" Taehyung asked, still unbothered with everything. "Is it Baekhyun?"

"You dare address him by his name?" The officer accused. "What is it Chanyeol?" The chief shouted from nearby. "Someone named Kim Taehyung. He finds it difficult to step out from the car" The officer answered.

A look of recognition and horror passed the chief's face. "Why are you forcing then? Let him go!" The chief's reply had the officer gawking at Taehyung in confusion and little fear. An impressed smile was plastered on Jennie's face as she watched the drama unwinding before her.