𝒙𝒊𝒊. 𝑭𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒆

════════ ××× ════════

A shudder ran down his spine as the cool breeze blowed around him. Removing the helmet, Taehyung parked his bike before walking to the entrance of the massive college campus.

But sometimes, somethings or someone are hard to miss. A boxy grin carved onto his lips as he spotted her, masking all other thoughts and emotions running across his mind.

Lee Jennie was definitely hard to miss in the crowd. She looked gorgeous. Her beautiful golden tan skin, cat eyes, full pink lips and her gummy smile. Everything looked the same but something was different.

"Why are you here?" Taehyung cursed himself internally for fucking it up and her scowl confirmed that it was, indeed, a stupid question. But she soon answered him.

An intern. Of course. He'd heard about it from his mother. Her visit to his house while he was out of town, her medicine degree and her shifting to Seoul.

A proud smile tugged on his lips as he made his way to Dr. Kim Namjoon's room by Jennie's direction. Taehyung was so proud of her for achieving her dreams. He was sure that she would make it. A sigh left his lips as he imagined the worst case scenario.

What would've happened if he didn't turn her down that day?

Would she'd be a doctor like now? Or anything else? Would she'd be happy?

He didn't know.

×××

"Yeah, she's okay" Taehyung muttered to the Seokjin through the phone call. "I'll be away for few days so I'm leaving the control to you..."

"You're worrying too much" Kim Aera, his dear mother mumbled, seeing him riled up. "..Yeah, ok, bye" As Taehyung ended the call, he was blessed with the sight of Dr. Lee Jennie, standing at the doorway of the hospital room.

A shiver ran through him as Jennie made her way to the room, taking a seat beside his mom. Apparently, he had forgotten one simple thing.

Running into Lee Jennie was inevitable.

A small grin curled on his lips as Jennie threw a remark, implying his irresponsibility. He'd gone to Busan for few weeks and it was when his mom got sick with jaundice.

As Taehyung watched Jennie's retreating figure, a sweet smile curved upon his lips. He was very thankful for her to offer care for his sick mother, even though she might be uncomfortable with him. After all, he was a mummy's boy. And he was happy.He was happy knowing that he could atleast see her everyday, even though she might despise it.

So close yet so far.

×××

The next few days were some of the happiest days in Taehyung's life. Each day started with a blessing. A blessing in the form of Lee Jennie. The 'good morning's they exchanged and her cheerful smile were more than enough. Sometimes, he even felt like he didn't deserve those.