On the road again

Drizzlemister came in and peeped at Ethan's tent and found him fast asleep. 

"Wake up, Ethan, we need to move along," and Drizzlemister took his head out of the tent. Ethan woke up and went out of the tent. He had his breakfast and Drizzlemister, waved his hands, and the tents undid themselves and wrapped themselves into bundles and piles. Then he gathered them and loaded them onto the horses.

They left the campsite and kept ongoing. The road stretched on ahead. Drizzlmister took his map out of his cloak. They came to a giant bridge over a roaring waterfall.

They went towards it, and they noticed that the bridge had fallen in from the middle. "Well, I will have to put that up," said Drizzlemister looking at the bridge as they stepped on to it. He stretched his hand, and the ring glowed and shot out of his finger.

The bridge fixed itself, but just as they were about to cross the broken bit, it broke down the bridge. Drizzlemister tried again, but the same thing happened. He tried once more. Then Diana came forward and tried with Drizzlemister, but as soon as the bridge fixed itself, it crumbled down to bits. They tried once, they tried twice, they tried once more without avail.

"Strange," said Drizzlemister as he scratched his brow. "Something like this has never happened to me before."

"Neither has it to me," said Diana looking at the bride that lay crumbled. "I wonder how we are going to get pass n

A Bubble rose out of the waterfall and turned into a tiny being like a little person with wings. She had shimmering wings and sang in a soft voice.

"The bridge is cursed only a true king,

Can fix the broken thing,

If n you aren't the right one,

I'm sorry to say there is nothing to be done!"

Then several bubbled like that arose from the water. The tiny figures started shooting arrows at them. The horses neighed. Drizzlemighter stretched out his hand, and then the arrows stopped in the midair whenever they came closer to them.

Ethan felt his pocket something in his pocket rattle. He felty inside his pocket and found that it was the lunar locket

More bubbles kept rising out of the water, and more tiny figures emerged out of the water.

"Well, we can't keep this up all day!" said Drizzlemister and Diana came along and stretched her hand as well. But still, the bubbled were rising and rising, and tiny figures kept emerging out of the bubbles.

Then Ethan took out the locket. "Don't open", came the voice of the maiden in the mirror. Just do as I say."

"Alright. Go ahead," said Ethan as he tore his eyes away from the rising bubbles.

"Well, first, take out the ring and put it on."

"Alright. Now what?"

"Close your eyes and imagine the bridge all fixed."

"Okay. Here goes!" Ethan said, closing his eyes and picturing that the bridge was whole and not broken and crumbled down as it was. he felt a warmth from the ring, and it spread across his and arms and then through his whole body. He opened his eyes. the arrows ceased to Wizz, and the figures turned back into bubbled and dropped away into the waterfall raging and roaring below the bridge.

Ethan opened his eyes and saw that his ring in his hand was glowing bright like a piece of fiery coal. He opened his eyes. The bridge stood wall ready to be crossed. Drizzlemister and Diana looked at Ethan, and both of them clapped.

"Well done, Ethan! Of course! We forgot that you were a prince. Nicely done!"

"Thank you!" said Ethan as he looked at the bridge stretch ahead. They walked down the bridge amidst the roar of the waterfall below. The air was cool and refreshing, and Ethan breathed in the fresh air. He looked at his ring. It has ceased to glow.

They entered a flat terrain and saw mountains looming ahead like giant shadowy walls stretching out into the heavens. 

It was a grassy valley with what looked like white stones of strange shapes jutting out of it. When they rode on and came upon them, Ethan realized that they were too white and smooth to be stones.

"Are these...bones?" he asked, looking them closely. "They look too glossy to be rock."

"Yes. These are," said Drizzlemister as he got down from his horse to take a closet look at the bones. Diana followed.

"They aren't just bones! They are dragon bones!" said Diana touching them.

Ethan held on to the horse's reign as he got off and went closer to the giant pile of bones.

They looked on at the bones. Then Ethan felt a rumbling in his pocket and felt the locket, and he took it to his hands. "Take the vial and pour the liquid on the bones," said the voice of the maiden of the mirror.

He looked at Drizzlemisteer and said, "the maiden in the mirror asks me to pour some liquid off the vial the mistress of the marshes gave me on the bones."

"Well, go ahead then!" said Drizzlemister and Ethan stepped close and sprinkled the snow-white bones with the liquid.

The bones rattled in their place. Then they came together and fused. There was a blinding flash, and there stood a dragon towering above the horses. It blinked.

It was emerald green and covered in glossy scales. It had large claws that stuck out like daggers from its four feet.

"Who awoke we form my eternal sleep. I feel so young!" exclaimed the dragon looking around him, and he saw Ethan, Drizzlemister, Diana and Ethan. "He did. He is the prince of the Marshdom," said Drizzlemister bowing to the dragon.

"You have given me back my life. I'm forever in your debt, master!" said the dragon bowing at Ethan.

Ethan bowed back and said, "thank you. It is my pleasure!"

"How may I serve you?" asked the dragon looking at Ethan with his fiery eyes. "I can take you anywhere you want and let you ride on me. I can be your ally.