4 | Error: Fucks Not Found

EMERSON

It had been 2 weeks. I'd been held by the Italians for 2 weeks with no word from my father. Everyone had been in and out, but Bruno checked on Eloise and I often.

I'd seen Dante a few times, mainly at dinner but other than that, nothing. Arianna had cooled off a bit, I think she sort of understood after I told her everything. Same with Luca.

With everyone going in and out of the house, and me being stuck here, I'd grown quite close with the working staff. Dante didn't have many, just a couple maids who cleaned up after everybody.

Their names were Lily and Scarlet. They were both very sweet, Lily being a 32 year old with a young daughter and Scarlet a 25 year old that Dante had offered work after her parents kicked her out.

It had become quite routine for me to help them out, making meaningless conversation while helping them with dinner or the dishes after.

Luca had told me that we had an important dinner tonight. There would be the regular inner circle: Luca, Arianna and Bruno plus Dante's parents.

Meeting the parents, big deal.

Anyway, Bruno had been shopping for me and I now had the task of choosing between 2 dresses. A longer green dress, which was frayed at the bottom and incredibly revealing at the top. Not that I am afraid of showing off my body, I know I'm good looking - but the shorter one, a dark blue, off the shoulder number seemed more appealing.

My shoes from the other day, the silver heels, were returned and I slipped them on with ease. It surprised me though, considering the heels could slip off and daggers were sheathed behind them... but what they don't know doesn't hurt them.

I brushed through my hair, letting the curled waves drape over my back and added a gentle coat of mascara and lip gloss to my face. Simple. I wasn't exactly exhilarated to have dinner with them- I never am overjoyed by events- but getting dressed up always did lift my spirits.

 I wasn't exactly exhilarated to have dinner with them- I never am overjoyed by events- but getting dressed up always did lift my spirits

I stared at myself in the mirror, a smirk brushing my face. "Not bad, Emmi, not bad at all." I told myself, biting my bottom lip with slight nervousness.

Before heading down for dinner, I walked along the landing to Eloise's room. I heard chattering coming from downstairs but ignored it for now. I clicked the code, Bruno had told me a few days after so I could see her when I wanted, and I opened the door.

I didn't go in, I just leant against the door frame gently... looking at her. "Wake up soon, Elle. I'm worried that Dad isn't coming for us and I can't do this alone..." I said softly, tilting my head so it leant on the frame too. My thoughts were interrupted though when I heard a familiar and goosebumps worthy voice behind me.