12 | This Bitch Empty, YEET! [Part 2]

EMERSON

I could feel the confusion on all of their faces. And as much as I predicted the endless questions and grilling I'd receive when we left this dump, I couldn't be more thrilled that I didn't have to hide it anymore.

But more so, I felt the bodies of every man, woman and child in this hall halt.

Like soldiers ready to follow any order their superior was to bestow. However, at this point in time, in this ballroom, with all of their eyes on me, Dante, Luca, Arianna, Bruno, Eloise and Xander... I couldn't quite tell who was the superior here.

I stood straight up, tucking Xander behind me protectively. He clung to my leg, despite the flowy fabric that barriered his touch. My sight returned to Andrew's, to my fathers, and if there was an award for the switch I'd made from mother to monster...

But as his eyes moved from mine, to my friends and their reactions, the corners of his mouth turned up in pure amusement.

"They didn't know about him I'm guessing." And it was then that all of their faces switched too, we'd talk later. For now, we needed to get out of here alive. "Oh it's really quite a heart- warming story. Emerson Pierce, the all- mighty, pregnant at 19. You see, DeVanna, it wasn't until my men and Eloise here found her in-" His speech was cut off by me, by a voice I didn't even know I had the power to wield.

"You do not get to tell that story." I stated, the room seeming to all direct their attention to me.

The high ceilings and marble decorations allowed for the perfect echo, enough to make my voice roam the room like it was a being itself.

"That is my story to tell and there are some secrets that are mine to keep." I couldn't help the smirk that crossed my face as I braced myself for my next words. "So, tell me. I'm curious. How did it feel to lie to everybody here, about my true status of mortality? Lie to your people, the same people you wouldn't even have if it wasn't for me."

That set him off.

"None of my success is because of you Emmi, you were a weapon I wielded. My successes were of my own accord, and you nor the stray's you've managed to associate yourself with, will ever take what's mine." His voice bellowed through the hall, and then everyone's eyes were back on me... waiting for what I'd say back.

But instead of keeping my gaze on him, on that thing I'd called Dad, I switched it to Noah. The guy who tonight, was meant to sign the papers to be his true heir. Where he'd sign above where I had signed when I turned 18. "Regret joining the family yet, brother?" I asked, a deep sigh escaping me.

His brown eyes met mine, and in that one look I saw everything. He didn't know, he had no idea who I was when we danced and he definitely didn't know the truth behind him becoming Andrew's heir. But that wasn't all I saw, inside his eyes I recognised a look I possessed many a time.

Anger.

"You seriously weren't going to tell me that all of this was a lie? You seriously didn't think that when I eventually took over, I wouldn't find out the truth?" Noah's words shocked me, shocked all of us. But the corners of my mouth turned upwards, and I predicted what would happen in mere minutes.

I turned around slowly, my eyes darting to everybody with the glimmer that they all knew. I was going to do something drastic, and we'd need to get away quickly.