Chapter 2

The lights have just gone down and the music has begun, then the man himself appeared.....Elvis Presley. Me and Lacey were stood up in our seats as was every other single person in the arena. The atmosphere was incredible but what I found more incredible was the fact that just a couple of hours ago I was sat with the man who was now the centre of attention, and in an hours time I would be graced with his company once more. As Suspicious Minds started, I couldn't help but stare intently at his face, I was in a daydream until I realised that my eyes has been met by his, both our faces than turned up in a smile before he turned back to face the crowd. The concert was going as amazing as you can imagine an Elvis Presley concert to be, until the music stopped and he started to talk to the crowd briefly about how amazing he was finding the UK and the support, he continued to talk as he picked up his guitar and swung it over his shoulders. “Right this next song wasn't originally on my set-list for tonight, but.......I can't leave it out....after all it's a favourite of a English friend of mine, this is for you, That's All Right Mama”, and with that announcement he looked me straight in the eyes and gave me that breath-taking smile he was known for. Lacey hit my arm in excitement, I turned and just smiled, I didn't know what to say I mean what could I say when Elvis Presley was playing a song to me. The song finished and he looked over and winked, for the rest of the concert all I could think about was seeing him afterwards. As the show finished me and Lacey stayed in our seats until the arena was practically empty as we were waiting for Red to come and get us. We weren't sat there for long as Red appeared and led us back to Elvis' dressing room. As we were walking down the many corridors Red reached out and held my arm softly and whispered in my ear, “Elvis is excited to see you”, I looked up to meet his face where a smile was painted, I just smiled back. We got to his dressing room before him it seemed although there were about 8 other people in there, a couple of faces I recognised from earlier on this afternoon. Me and Lacey took a seat while Red got us both a drink, he sat down with us as he handed it us a couple of minutes later. We started to talk about the concert when the door opened and Elvis appeared, our eyes found each other immediately, I stayed seated as he went round the room and said hi to everyone, everyone was congratulating him on his show.

Finally, he was stood in front of me and as he bent down to kiss both my cheeks I took him by surprise and held his face and kissed his right cheek softly before whispering “Thank you” in his ear. As I pulled away I noticed he was smiling, and before I could seat back down properly he held my face in his hands and whispered back, “Thank you”, before he rubbed his nose gently against mine and took a seat down next to me. We were sat there for a couple of hours, we spoke about everything once again, by now it was just me and Elvis talking as everyone was in pairs it seemed deep in conversation. “When are you going home?”, he asked as his finger brushed over my shoulders and collarbone. “Tomorrow morning”, I answered not looking him in the eye. He tilted my head towards his, “Could I convince you to stay?”, he asked with a small smile, “You can certainly try”. This made him laugh softly as he reached over and spoke in a quiet voice so no one else could hear, “Will you stay with me for a couple of days, you don't have to worry about anything.....and Lacey is of course invited....I just don't think we've had enough time yet”. I smiled, “Enough time for what exactly?”, he smirked, “Well that's exactly what I want to find out”. I wanted to stay more than anything, but deep down I knew it was a good idea as I would find myself more attached and then he would be leaving and I would never see him again. Was it worth the risk or not?