Chapter 8

I felt sick.

“There's someone else”, his words ran round my mind as I tried to take in what he just said. I was completely lost in my thoughts when a little shake from Elvis brought me back round to where I was.....in Elvis' bed.

“Rose...”, he spoke softly as his fingers brushed my cheek, as soon as I felt his touch I flinched which caused his face to drop in sadness. I couldn't do anything but stare at him as I moved so I was sat up against the headboard, he moved his body as well so it was facing me.

“Who is it?”, I asked softly after a couple of minutes of sitting in silence, “She's a young girl I met when I was back in Germany”. I nod to show I understand what he is saying, I don't say anything hoping he'll carry on. “She's called Priscilla Beaulieu, we got real close after my Mama died”.

“Are you still planning on seeing her, because I can't be one of many Elvis”, I murmur quietly, I wasn't even sure he had heard me. He took my hand in his and pressed his lips softly against my knuckles, he must have heard me as he started to speak, “I'm not gonna lie.....she has been on my mind since I got back from Germany, I was starting to believe she was the girl for me......but then I met you and my perspective on everything has changed......you're the one Rose”, I didn't know how to respond, so I took his free hand with my free hand and this time I kissed his knuckles before looking up and staring into his bright blue eyes. “You're my own personal English Rose.”

We lay in silence after just both of us getting lost in our thoughts, I was en-caved in his arms I felt strangely safe even after what he had just told me. Did I believe him? I really wanted to, more than anything, as the thought of losing him was just too much to bare. “Why did you tell me?”, the words were out before I even had a chance to think about what I was saying. He shifted so he was looking down at me, his eyes staring intensely into mine, “I didn't want there to be anything hidden between us, you should and deserve to know everything about me”, I smile, “Just tell me ok....if you ever.....feel differently than you do now.....like....I don't know how to explain....”. I literally didn't know what to say, he must have known I wasn't going to say anything more as he chuckled softly and stroked my face with the back of his fingers, “I promise, I'll never hurt you Rose”.

What he had told me played on my mind all night, could I really trust someone I had only known for a few weeks. He was such an important part of my life already, could I just go back home and carry on post Elvis life, I don't think I could knowing he was out there, hopefully looking for me.

I must have fell asleep at some point, as I casually woke up to find Elvis gazing over at me from his part of the bed. I cover my eyes and smile, “Watching innocent young girls sleep is a little creepy you know E”, he started to laugh and pulled me into his arms, my eyes were now uncovered and looking up into his, “E?”, he chuckled some more. I shrug and kiss he tip of his nose softly, “Just a nickname I'm trying out”. This made him laugh softly some more, “You're beautiful”, he said as he kissed me. “Aren't you the charmer”, I giggle as I feel myself falling deep into his chest. We lay there just so we could feel close to one another. “Oh....and innocent young girls, well I can take care of that”, and with that said his lips met mine and soon we were lost within each other.

We didn't sleep together, I wanted to but he wanted to wait plus who says that sex is the only fun you can have in the bedroom. He wanted us to grow, be something more than meaningless sex.....it had to be more. Although I wondered how far he had gone with Priscilla, was she always going to be someone I felt threatened by.......probably. I need to see her, I need to know, for selfish reasons as I don't want to get my heart broken by the one man I had ever felt comfortable round. Even though he was Elvis Presley to the world, to me he was simply just a young man that I had fallen in love with.

Love. This is real. I love him.