Chapter 16

Avu passed remembering her parents and brother. Tears were rolling down her eyes. She sobbed remembering the dreadful day when the two small kids were left to cry on streets. Pri kept her hand on Avu's and squeezed it. She rubbed her back with other hand. Avu hugged her and sobbed in her chest.

Pri: It's ok. Calm down

Avu broke the hug after sometime and wiped her tears with the back of her hand. Pri gave her water and patted her back.

Pri: You ok?

Avu nodded.

Pri: Do you wanna continue?

Avu looked at her then looked away.

Avu: That day. That one day changed my whole life. We became orphans. We cried out sitting on street. Can you imagine a girl whose family couldn't see a single tear in her eyes was left crying? We two were left alone in this cruel world. We were taken to the orphanage

Flashback

*A/n: It's in Avu's P.O.V.*

I was hugging my brother as my life depended on him. I clutched his tee in my small fists. I was holding him so tightly as I would leave him, he will also go. I was so scared what if he also left me. And I was right. Orphan head came to us. I thought she will console us. But I was wrong. I looked at her and her cold face made me scare and clutched on to bhayia more tightly.

Head: Take the girl to girls side and boy to boys

They made us leave each other. I was crying violently calling for bhayia not ready to leave him. Same was his case. We were crying violently calling for each other. But no one gave a fuck to us. I wasn't understanding why are they separating me from only person I had.

Avu: Leave me. Let me go to my bhayia

I tried pushing the lady holding my hand. I tried to come out of her grip. But instead she glared at me.

L: Boys and girls are not allowed to meet. You will allowed to meet your brother once in two months. But if you won't behave, maybe you will never be allowed to meet him

Being a small girl, I didn't get much. Just I came to know I can't meet my bhayia. I can't sleep cuddling him. He won't tease me from now. He won't sing me to sleep. We won't play together anymore. First mom dad then him. I lost my whole world.

I cried so badly that day. My sobs were so violent. But no one came to console. But instead some lady came and said stop your drama, others are getting disturbed. I felt so sick. I wanted to run away. No one came to make me quite. No one was concerned about me. I suddenly no one wants me.

Some girls came to call me for dinner. I went with them. All were eating while I was just staring at them. How can I eat? I didn't know how to eat. Either mom dad or bhayia used to feed me. I was waiting for one of them to come and make me sit in lap and feed me. But who knew none of them is gonna come. One lady looked at me. And looking at the food, it was so gross. Smell was too bad.

L: Don't you want to eat?

Avu: My mumma, papa or bhayia only feed me. When they will come they will feed me

Some old children looked at me with pity. While some laughed. I didn't understand.

L: (coldly) Listen if you want to eat be quick. We can't wait whole night. No obe is coming to feed you. Everything has to be cleaned. If you be quick. If not then wash your utensils and come and help other children in cleaning the room

How can I clean? I didn't even know how to.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter