Chapter 17

Some old children taught me how to clean utensils. I tried doing like that. That was the first time I cried myself to sleep empty stomach. It never happened with me. Mom dad or bhayia never lemme sleep empty stomach.

Days passed like this. Slowly slowly I started learning things. They sent all of us to school. Teachers were too bad there. They used to scold and beat children. I used to miss my friends. I once asked one of ladies in orphanage.

Avu: When will I go to my school? I miss my teachers and friends

She just glared at me and told me to do my work instead of asking stupid questions. I accepted in sometime I won't meet them ever again. But the most painful thing was I didn't meet my bhayia. I thought he doesn't want me anymore. Maybe he didn't miss me. I used to cry at nights that atleast make me meet my bhayia. But I was wrong.

After two month I met him. He hugged me tightly and kissed my forhead and cheeks million times. I was crying. He was crying.

Abhi: How are you baby? Are you ok? Did they something to you?

I started crying and pushed me.

Avu: You don't love me anymore. You don't want me. You didn't come to me. They beat us everyday and so much work. You didn't come to me

I was sobbing badly not because of physical pain but thinking the mental pain that I lost the last person I had. He was crying. He hugged me tightly. We cried in each other's embrace.

Abhi: Sorry Avneetay

I was missing my name from his mouth so much. I hugged him back without thinking anything. He cupped my face.

Abhi: I don't want to leave you but these people don't lemme meet you. When I ask they just say boys and girls are not allowed to meet. I miss you Avneetay. I miss you too much

I felt guilty saying him so much. How could I forget he was in pain as well. I kissed his forhead. He closed his eyes feeling the moment. He sat down on ground with me on his lap. I clutched his tee so tightly not wanting to leave him ever. He was caressing my hair and we talked how they treared us in orphanage. I could see how guilty he was for not able to do anything. We were feeling each other's presence who knew we will see each other again. After sometime, we heared a voice.

Sm1: Abhi bhayia time is over. Ask her to leave before someone comes

Bhayia looked at me with teary eyes. I started crying. I hugged him tightly.

Avu: No you are not going. I won't let you go

I was crying violently. He rubbed my back to calm me down. He made me stand and kissed my forhead.

Abhi: Take care bacha and bhayia loves you the most. Never think again I can forget you. Got it? And will meet soon

He wiped off my tears and kissed my whole face. He left me and walked to that boy. He looked at me for last time. Boy kept hand on his shoulder. Thats when I looked at him. He was almost of my age slightly elder. His silky hair, cute face. I felt some attraction towards him. Maybe a childhood crush. But at that time I was thinking about bhayia. I looked at them going towards boys side.

I hated the fact the orphan head and workers were so orthodox to let boys and girls live together.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter