Chapter 22

At night

Sid was sitting on his study table and studying. Pri was studying on her bed. At 12, Pri slept. After sometime, she heared screams. Firstly she ignored it but they didn't stop. She woke up and looked around. It was all dark and screams were coming from down. She looked from her bunk bed. It was Sid who was screaming loudly and sweating.

Pri: What is happening to him?

She got down and shooked him.

Pri: Siddharth. Siddharth. Wake up please

He woke up with a jerk and held his head in his hands.

Pri: Hey are you alright?

Sid didn't say anything. Pri kept a hand on his shoulder.

Pri: Are you ok? Don't worry I won't say anything to you

He just ignored her. He drank water and laid down but sleep was nowhere to come. Pri tried asking him again and again if he is fine. But he didn't say anything. Finally she sighed and got on her bed and laid down covering herself with duvet. But she was also not able to sleep. Night passed away just thinking what just happened.

In morning

Sid got up and quickly. He was worried Pri will ask him thousands of questions and will tell others.  But she just smiled and wished him good morning. Pri didn't ask him anything at that time. But she understood there is something wrong with him and made sure to help him out.

She stopped going to her friends. She used to be in room quitely observing his behaviour. He was always hesitant and asked her why she doesn't go out. But she just said she doesn't wish to. Opposite to his thinking after seeing him like this, she will just push him away. Over a period of time, she saw his vulnerable side. He started getting lil comfortable as he knew she had seen him like this and had started trusting her she won't tell anyone or judge him. He used to talk to her lil freely now.

Pri: So you see nightmares?

Sid nodded.

Sid: They keep disturbing me. I have to take sleeping pills. I don't wanna take them. They just cause lot of side effects

Pri: Can you tell about nightmares?

Sid: They are blurred. I also get blurred flashbacks when I am awake. It never gets clear

Pri: Do you remembered something like this happened earlier in your life like that?

Sid: I don't know. I just don't remember. Whenever I try thinking I just end up in headache

Pri: Did you met with any accident or you got hurt in head?

Sid shooked his head looking down.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter