Chapter 20

Ugh I by mistake wrote Sid's name in last chapter. I was gonna keep it suspense lil more. But I ended up writing his name😑😑😑😑😑
Anyways most of you knew so ab kar bhi kya skte hai.

I never saw that boy after that day. I didn't about him. Again everything came back to as it was going before.

After 2 year of that incident

One day a couple in mid 40's came in orphanage. I was 14  years old. I never expected something like this to happen but the couple adopted me. They were Mr. and Mrs. Malhotra.

(I will use Mr. M and Mrs. M)

I was neither happy nor sad. I thought they also will treat me same way. I used to be quite. They tried talking to me, gave me a beautiful room of my own. They used to give delicious food to eat. They even used to take me on family outings. They sent me to an expensive school.

Initially I behaved so depressed. I used to do whatever they say. I never talked to them. They were too sad. They were thinking maybe they are not treating me properly. They were sad because I was sad. It took me 5 months to understand they loved me. They treated me as their real daughter. They wanted my happiness. They adopted me because their own son went abroad for higher studies.

I also started loving them. We all used to talk to Arav on video call everyday. He was very nice or atleast we thought. I thought I got my family back. Parents and elder brother whom I lost were here with me. They loved me more than anything in this world. I found my lost happiness once again. I used to thank God for such a blessing. But it wasn't long.

At the age of 24, Arav came back. He was married. I was so happy. I used to tease them. I used to call them bhayia bhabhi. They loved me so much. As Mr. M and Mrs. M started growing older and weak, they asked me for a promise.

Mr. M: See princess we don't know how much time we have. But when we are gone take care of yourself and be with your bhayia bhabhi till you are married

They asked me because I wanted to be independent but they were not ready to leave me alone.

Avu: Dad why are you talking like this? You are not going anywhere

I said almost in tears. I didn't want to experience same pain of loosing my parents again. Mr. M chuckled.

Mr. M: Don't cry princess. Achha just promise

Avu: Ok I promise

In their last days, Arav and Varsha took sign on papers and got property on their name. When Mr. M and Mrs. M died, I was crying but Ara and Var had not even bit of grief. I hugged him and thought he will console me. But instead he pushed me away.

Ara: Hey you orphan girl don't you dare to me with your dirty hands

He left spating on me. My eyes teared up. I thought it was a dream. I was slapped my face 4-5 times in a hope I will wake up and Arav will hug me and kiss my forhead and console me for our parents death but no it wasn't. I looked at Var and hugged.

Avu: Bhabhi look what happened to bhaiya. Is he alright?

She also pushed me away.

Var: Arav is perfectly alright. He said correct. Don't dare to touch us after today. And it's master and mistress not bhayia bhabhi for you. Now stop your drama you are servant and will live like them only. Empty the room or I will throw everything away

She left with that. I sat there on floor numb processing what just happened. Was I dreaming? Were they joking? Or is it the harsh reality? And unfortunately it was third one.

It's been 5 years. I am their servant at whom they shout, beat, take their frustration out and a lot.

Flashback ends

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter