Chapter ~ 2

"Ugh, it's gonna be so hectic," Haewon said as they arrived at their cabin and she threw herself onto her chair, already depressed, thinking how much hard work they would have to put to collect the smallest of the clues.

"True, it's gonna take a while to collect some strong evidence. Including the fact that we don't even know their faces," Huening Kai sighed as he as well sat on his chair. "But it's okay since in the end it would be worth it," Soobin said in a motivating tone so that his friends would cheer up a bit.

"I know but we don't even know their faces or name. The only information about them that is public is that they are 23 members. And the only way to identify a NCT member is by their uniform" Beomgyu sighed as a stressed expression was on his face.

"Ahhhh I am already feeling so frustrated and stressed," Haewon whined as she ran her fingers through her hair. "But come on, we all know that it won't be that hard when we all are together, right?" Yeonjun said so that his friends would relax a bit and start their mission.

"Ew, that was too cringy," Taehyun made a disgusting face," but actually yeah I kinda do agree", he continued as he shrugged. " Yeah, it's true though," the other group members said, finally making the stressed and depressed atmosphere, lighten a bit.

"Exactly! That's the spirit I want from my team! Now I am going to go and get the file of NCT's cases and then we will decide what to do" Soobin finished off as he made his way to the top floor to get the file from the file room.

"He could have just grabbed it when we were there," Haewon said in disbelief, staring at the door through which Soobin just went through. " Well, my head is hurting already, guess gotta get some coffee," Haewon blurted out her thoughts as she made her way outside their cabin towards the kitchen.

Before leaving she turned around and questioned,"Does anyone wan-" "Yup!" All the four of them shouted at once, startling the poor female. "Could have just said it like a normal human being- but wait you guys aren't even human beings!" She laughed out before running towards the kitchen.

~~

At NCT HQ

"Hyung, if you are free right now, I wanted to show you something," Renjun asked as he stood up from his chair, walking towards his hyung. " What is it, Renjun?" Taeil replied with a question, wondering what has happened as Renjun would rarely do that.

"Hyung actually I got an email from an unknown," Renjun started, placing his laptop, which displayed the unknown email on Taeil's table, "saying that we are currently the target for the agents and that they would willingly try to help and be our informant and they just want cash in return," Renjun continued explaining the email he received before he looked at Taeil, waiting for his reaction.

"Renjun, don't you think it's just someone messing with us...... because think about it, why would an agent help us escape? Who would be that much of a fool to put such a job at a risk for what? Helping a mafia? Who could just kill them at any moment?" Taeil softly explained, not wanting to hurt the boy's feeling as he was just trying to protect them from any harm.

"I guess you're right, hyung" the other boy simply replied, agreeing with the elder but still continued anyways, "but hyung, recently a rumour is spreading about something similar to this that there is a group of agents who are helping mafia groups to hide from the other agents. So I just thought that if we look into this, it might help to protect the members better," Renjun said as he pouted , looking down on his feet.

"Aww Renjun, I didn't mean it in that way. It's just that it can be just a prank from someone,"Taeil replied as he looked at the sulky Renjun. "Okay how about this, today during dinner, we will just inform Taeyong about this and let's see what he says. In this way, your worry would go away and we will found a solution, hmm how about this?" Taeil suggested so that Renjun would feel a bit better which fortunately worked and Renjun agreed with the plan.

------------------------------------------------
Y'all I made Renjun a softie in this story (but not with Hyuck of course)

Anyways, wanted to say that drunk-dazed slaps and y'all should stream

And don't forget to vote and comment! 😉