Chapter ~ 4

"He thinks that NCT caused the fire to kill Mr. Hwang."

"And why would they want to kill him? There must be a reason why they killed him", Haewon again asked with her group mates agreeing with her.

"Well... What the Chief told me was that Mr. Hwang always hated NCT. As you all know that most of the NCT's members are rumored to be orphans, the man who collected them for the gang also wanted to educate them so he thought of sending them to Neo Intelligence School, which was owned by Mr. Hwang as well, but he refused to enroll them in as he already knew that they were involved in mafia and didn't wanted anything to with it. So the man caused a little show but Mr. Hwang was able to control the situation and kick them out", Soobin explained everything that he had gotten to know through the Chief, leaving his members with pure disbelief.

"That doesn't even sound believable, honestly" Haewon blurted in pure disbelief with a 'literally' from Kai. " Trust me that is what I thought as well," Soobin agreed with before he continued, " but we can't do anything, this is Chief's order." "Oh come on, we all know that this is definitely fabricated" Taehyun remarked, rolling his eyes by the fact that they did a horrible job at fabricating it.

"They could have done better," Yeonjun said, joining Taehyun with his remark.

"Like think about it, how in the hell would he already know that they were involved in mafia when he just met them? Unless......." Haewon commented as she waited for her members to guess her assumption. "Someone already informed him beforehand...." Beomgyu mumbled as if he himself was shocked when the realisation hit him by what he just said.

"And how would have he known......." Haewon still encouraged them, making them deeply think about it when Yeonjun said her exact assumption, "Only if he himself was involved in mafia....", making all of their eyes wide open, except for Haewon, as the realization hit them.

"Exactly my point," Haewon exclaimed as she snapped her fingers at Yeonjun's words. "Then that means that he was a bad guy himself so why are still thinking of investigating it? Shouldn't we move on to the next case?" Kai questioned, making think about the situation deeply.

"No we can't do that, Sir himself said to look into this case first. Neither we can just straight away tell him about our assumption, he would never believe or support us. Firstly we have come up with a plan" Soobin denied Kai's suggestion as he himself forced himself to think of a plan.

As if on cue, Haewon snapped her fingers as an idea popped into her head and she gestured everyone to come closer as they formed a small circle and she started explaining her plan. " Okay so the Chief wants to find evidence on NCT causing the fire, right?" All of them nodded at their female group mate's question.

"Then let's focus on this mission. Not on the assumption that NCT caused the fire but on the assumption that Mr. Hwang is involved in mafia. And let's keep this hidden from the Chief as Soobin just said that he won't support us in this one. So how is the plan?" Haewon finished explaining as she waited for the reactions of her friends.

The guys were quite surprised by how smart the plan was but there was still few part of the plan they couldn't pick up so Yeonjun asked one of those questions, "The plan is quite smart but how is it connected to NCT?" "See there's no doubt that his death, if even he is dead, is connected to NCT. But what  we don't know is that how is he connected? Because if you think carefully, you would wonder why in the first place NCT wanted to take revenge to the point that they burned his mansion? And even if NCT did not burn their mansion, there must be a reason on why the Chief blamed it on them. That is what we need to find out. And it's obvious that the rivalry was caused from something big or something that is precious to one of them."

Everyone was stunned to hear her theory as she continued, "And what if we find something that we can use to blackmail NCT as they were rivals, they must have had something against eachother to use," leaving everyone shook.

" Wow, I am the strategist here....... but I guess not from now on...." Taehyun said as he pretended to be disappointed in himself. "Oh come on we all know you are too sassy to feel something like that and this only happens once in a lifetime," Haewon stated as she jokingly, slightly pushed his shoulder so he go back to his real self which actually didn't work.

"Yah... I am your sister, of course I am supposed to pick up your skills........... You are actually making me feel bad......" Haewon said with a small pout on her lips as she mumbled the last part. Taehyun instantly smiled as he heard 'your sister' coming out of her mouth.

"Of course, lil sis, I was only kidding. No one can make a better plan then me" Taehyun reassured Haewon, making her slightly push his shoulders at his lame joke.

--------------------------------------

Sorry for a late update, I couldn't find time to complete the chapter so I have written a longer chapter than usual. I actually had to cut few paragraphs as it was getting way too long and I still wasn't finished writing so I ended the chapter where I felt it would be okay. Sorry if the ending is too rough.

I actually was wondering if guys like this chapter's length or the previous was one? I will write the chapter in that length.

Anyways, don't forget to vote and comment! 😉