16

Following Day.

"Tae are you sure? You might get late for your next trial cause you said you'll go straight to the court." as Rosé shows concern.

However, Taehyung titters and softly speaks with her. "Rosé from now on I'll always have time for you." and takes her hand to kiss it.

Hence, both of them went to office hand in hand.

That moment breaks someone's heart but happiness to everyone.

Until.

Rosé approached Jungkook not minding what they are going to say and discreetly asked about Hyun-ki.

With a bit suprised, Jungkook was pleased to know how interested she is to his son.

...

Taehyung on the other hand dashes to go to her place, kisses her forehead to say. "I'll go now. I love you, my love."

Which Rosé replied the same. "I love you too."

And he left the two still chatting that cause those three words to be not enough to ease and convince his skeptic feeling if she said it genuinely.

...

Once again the tension escalated from their friends.

So Jisoo slaps Jenny's shoulder while whispering. "This is your fault!"

"Ha?! Forgive me! I didn't mean to." she said while crying her heart's out.

"Look at them and look at Tae." Lisa's support to get her conscience.

"Oh my gosh! I feel sorry for him." as she holds her heart feeling guilty.

"What are you going to do now?!" their pressure.

Jenny who is desperate can't just help but to stare at her best friend with Jungkook and turns to look at Taehyung pitifully.

...

FLASHBACK

Last three days before the competition.

"Jungkook, where are you?" as Rosé walks back and forth anxiously for him.

"I'm still here. I don't think I can come." his answer.

"But why?!" she asked in suprise.

"It's just that I can't come." a sound of defeat on his voice.

"What?! You don't want to win this?!" as she gets irritated.

"Sorry but I need to end the call." and  quickly he turned off the call.

"Jungkook... Jungkook? Jungkook?! Hello...?! Hello?!" she repeatedly speaks.

"Ah! Jungkook! You make me feel hungry!" then Rosé grabs her coat in a hurry and went outside to search for food.

...

And when she's in that particular place she found Jungkook.

"Ha! I knew it!"

But she standstill watching him.

...

Worry also can be manifested on Jungkook's face but he can't do nothing but to stay and work in their shop.

Seeing him like that made Rosé felt ashamed of herself for scolding him so she speaks his name in guilt.

...

It's already past 8 pm in the evening and the bell from the shop still rings.

"Welcome!" Jungkook's greeting but got stock in his position when.

"Hi!" she said smiling.

"What?..."

"You shouldn't be here..."

Then she asked. "And why not?!"

And without saying any words Rosé stayed to review with Jungkook while he's working and sometimes Rosé helps him also entertaining their clients.

...

After work Jungkook whose being grateful drop Rosé from her home.

"Jungkook, are you happy doing that?"

"Of course." proud he said.

"But why did you not tell me?"

"Tell... That I am working?" his smirk.

"Actually it's not about that but you could've said it earlier."

However, unexpectedly Taehyung is there also.

"Hi! Tae." as she waves at him.

"Hi!" he said to Jungkook and Rosé in serious tone.

...

In order not to interrupt the two, Jungkook excuses himself. "I guess I need to go." and left.

While Taehyung did not delay his intention and said. "I'm sorry. I know I agreed not to bug you but I just want to give you this. I hope you have a great day."

"Anyway, I'll go ahead." and without anything to say he left as well.

...

Later that night, Rosé talks to her father.

"Daddy."

"Yes dear."

"You asked me before what I wanted for my graduation gift, right?"

Proud for her daughter's achievement, Mr. Park smiles at her and said. "Yes! What is it that you want? A trip? A car? House?"

But timidly, Rosé walks closer to her father and whisper.

And in shocked Mr. Park drops his jaw.

Puzzled to his daughter's plan, he question her with."Rosé, are you sure about it?"

Which in return she nods vigorously.

"Promise, I will take care of it no matter what."

"But...?"

"A cake shop? What for? I know you love to eat but..."

"But you still don't know how to run a business. You can't even cook a fried egg."

But Mr. Park sees determination on her face so he sighed heavily and said. "I don't know the reason behind this but I don't want to doubt your capability because I know I raised a wise woman."

"In that case of course your my father." her boast.

"You know how much I love you right and whatever decision you have I'll support it hundred percent."

"Thank you daddy. I know you'll be proud for me." and gave her father multiple kisses and run to her room.

...

She hugs her pillow tightly while screaming on top of her lungs with. "I can't wait to graduate!"

"I promise to help scholars. As many as I can with that shop."

"Jungkook, I see your hard work and because of that you'll be the inspiration behind me putting my own cake shop."

...

Meanwhile.

Trying to focus with his review, Taehyung as if all those are not penetrating in his mind.

The picture that reverberating in his mind is the image of Rosé being happy with Jungkook in the shop until she went home with him.

END OF FLASHBACK

...

Miles Away - Bring me back