27

Taehyung cannot tolerate the unconditional love that Rosé is giving him.

Because despite of what she discovered from him, Rosé opens her arm to accept and forgives him.

Thus, his conscience is swallowing him whole.

...

FLASHBACK
(During the confrontation at the car)

"But why?" as she paused for a while and continue.

"You know I'm in a point I can't comprehend the Taehyung I knew."

"The Kim Taehyung that I love...before."

And even with disbelief, she only said. "Let's just go. We might get late."

...

On their way out going to the building, she suddenly speaks softly "I want to say this again." that made Taehyung froze.

"You know her intentions, right? That person is really desperate to break us apart."

"Didn't I told you before to tell me everything I should know because I want to understand you."

"I want to know what's inside you. To know how you feel."

"I just hope you won't let that person tear us apart."

"For the last time, Taehyung I love you. I just." and nod in disbelief again.

"I thought you knew that." and walks away silently though her disappoinment can be heard loudly.

...

He was taken aback and became more speechless because he knew he did not tell her the whole truth (yet).

Especially when Rosé told him how she loves him.

END OF FLASHBACK

...

That day, Taehyung did not hesitate to call and invited Jungkook to finally end their misery.

Their both misery.

So without expectation Taehyung waited for Jungkook patiently.

...

When suddenly, Jungkook taps Taehyung's shoulder and punches him so hard that caused him to fell on the ground.

"That's what I wanted to do with you for a long time now."

But then he stretches his arm to help him to stand while saying. "Make sure that you make sense to waste my precious time cause I can't stay long."

"What is it you want?" and focus his stares at the river view with seriousness in his eyes.

...

While, Taehyung didn't mind at all how painful his jaw is and the wound on the corner of his lip as he wipes it out.

And before he proceeds he sighs heavily.

"I want to believe that by now you knew already why I..." and takes another deep breath before continuing to speak.

...

"Jungkook, I asked you to be part of us. To be part of the company."

However, Jungkook cut him off and said. "I understand that you took me so you can guard me from Rosé."

"Yes! I know that already."

"You've been fooled." his smirks.

"I just don't want to lose her." he said with embarrassment for his actions.

Nevertheless, Jungkook understands him so he answers. "If I were in your shoes I will do the same." atleast to ease the shame of his hyung who he still respects.

...

At that moment Taehyung has this thinking that he's already on the verge of surrender so at the end all he can say is. "Congratulations." while giving Jungkook a gesture of hand shake.

Jungkook suddenly bursts out from laughing and says. "You don't get it! Don't you?" defeated he said to his mortal frenemy.

[As Jungkook speaks those words the pain stings within him cause half of him already accepted his been defeated while his ego wanted to grip from the tiniest hope.]

...

And the rest of the conversation they kept in to themselves.

...

Before they separate Taehyung turns around hesitantly and calls Jungkook.

Then he asks. "Do you know why Rosé decided to have that cake shop instead of asking for any luxurious things that her father can give on her birthday?"

Jungkook who has no idea nods only in response and brushed those off.

...

While driving a car, Jungkook receives again a text message.

"You're such a waste of time. I am rooting for you but it came out for nothing. You're nothing but just like before 'A LOSER'."

"FOOL!"

...

It hurts him so much that it caused him to accept that he is a loser since first day he met Rosé.

A girl he dreamed of.

A girl he loves dearly.

...

Few minutes after battling with his heart ache, a bright light from a car strikes Jungkook's eyes that almost blinded him and got no control with his brake.

Luckily for him, he was able to manage to hardly press it and did not hit nor bump his car from anything that can cause too much trouble or danger to himself.

...

Feeling relieved, he stayed on that place giving himself a time alone.

Unnoticed, as time passed by he fell asleep.

...

Jungkook hears chuckle of a woman.

It sounds so angelic and melodic.

But someone made him woke up.

"Are you okay?" as an old man knocks on the window of his car.

As much as he wanted to get mad to the man for not able to see the face of that woman.

He gestures that gives an assurance that says he is fine.

...

Still concerned the old man asked. "Are you sure?"

Although disappointed, he nods.

Hence, a man decided to left him.

...

He started to drive again in despair to see who that woman is.

So before he lies down, he prays that night to let him see her face and hear her voice.

...

Zoo Wees - Control