32

FLASHBACK

"Can we meet again?"

And Jungkook didn't get disappointed for she nodded in agreement to see him once again.

...

The following day, they meet in a cake shop.

A shop just like the ambiance from Jungkook's mom.

...

"Sorry this might be a short meet up." as Rosé looks like a get away.

"It's okay as long as I can spend a time with you." and gives Rosé his biggest and warmest smile.

But a sudden ring from Rosé's phone occurs.

It shows how suprise Rosé is hence, she needs to pick it up.

...

"I am with a friend." in her softest voice.

And.

"Sorry I'll call later." ended it as fast as she can.

...

Jungkook tries his best to let Rosé not to feel guilty meeting him.

So he asks. "Is it Taehyung hyung?" as he understands their situation and his place.

"Cause it's okay."

Nonetheless, Rosé conceals the lie she's about to say and looks ackwardly away while saying. "Nope." then turns to face him again and plastere a tiny smile.

Then a cricket of awkwardness between them overtake the place.

...

Fortunately, Rosé doesnt want to ruin the chance to speak to him so she breaks it with.

"Thank you for choosing this place. This is cool." As she scans the entire room.

"It reminds me the beauty of your mother."

"This resembles the masterpiece that she makes."

Then she continues as she recalls the old memory she had. "Those cakes are luscious." as if she's drooling just by remembering them.

While Jungkook keeps on admiring her.

"Yes same as you." he said smilingly.

"Jungkook. How's your mother?"

And that question is the start for them to have a good conversation.

...

She did not hesitate to stare at him, absorbing his words while giving her best not to get distracted by his looks.

Her gesture looks so charming that in return Jungkook can't help but to sternly looks at her that caught her in suprise and blush as red as rose.

...

"I am proud of you, Rosé." with fondness in his eyes.

"Ha?!" her response.

"Rosé, thank you for putting that cake shop to give scholarship for students who can't afford to pay for their dream."

"It meant a lot to me."

It made her blush again and all she can say is. "It is nothing. I'm inspired by you."

"Really?"

"Yes." she answered.

And the two became more enthusiastic to know each other.

...

That moment whatever happened from the past changed.

...

The two had a great time together that they lost track of the time from her saying 'it's a short meet up' till their conversation took (almost) a lifetime.

"Oh! It's already late."

Her action makes Jungkook to giggle that all he can say is. "You're still the same."

"Can this thing be possible to happen again?"

And her smiles made them meet after that day and after that week till it became their usual routine.

END OF FLASHBACK

...

Meanwhile.

Taehyung welcomed by his hyungs to confront him.

As the eldest, Jin initiate the talk. "Taehyung, we are ready to sit and listen to you because you need to tell us the whole truth."

"Especially about your agenda."

Which agreed by Jimin. "Yeah! About being your second father to Hyung-ki."

"Are you sure with that?"

"Bro, I don't want to see you getting hurt." his worry.

"No offense but how far you can go." followed by Hoseok

Where they all nod to show support.

...

"We're not questioning your capability to be responsible, okay? You know how proud we are to you. But why? We wanted to understand the reason behind that." cleared by Namjoon.

Then Yoongi said. "Unless you want us to do the same investigation just like we did why you took Jungkook in the company."

...

Taehyung got overwhelmed and didn't know where to start.

...

But the interrogation he received from them made him realized he needed their help.

...

Next day, he sits with them.

"Who among you sees Jungkook's son?"

But they answer him with silence.

Then.

"Is this you want to know?" as he drops the document in the middle of the table.

It is like a bomb that they are waiting to blast.

However, as soon as they see what's inside it a quiet room resounded.

Everyone become speechless.

The tension fills the air.

They know that there are no words that can encourage nor help him.

So they sit with him silently.

...

Taehyung leans forward and rests his arm on the table.

"Now tell me what to do next."

He wants to curse on the top of his lungs but he composes himself while saying. "Cause I might be in jail after knowing who the person behind this."

"I know this ain't true." as he convince himself and others.

"This person wanted to ruin everything."

"But. I'll make sure whoever he or she is will pay for this." and makes a fist.

...

After that conversation with his best friends.

Taehyung rested himself in a couch for awhile with a deep thought wanting to believe that everything is a lie.

The document he received was faked.

But.

Everytime he closes his eyes and remembers Hyun-ki's face, he sees how they resemble his face.

It hurts him so bad yet the love he has for Rosé is more than enough to doubt and overshadow it.

...

Nilu-Are you with me